“Just awesome”

Coastal Helicopters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Coastal Helicopters, Inc. offers Outer Banks helicopter tours and charters with chances to see popular OBX attractions, from the air, including the Wright Brothers Monument, lighthouses, fishing piers, shipwrecks, dolphins, schools of fish and more. The Outer Banks draws thousands of vacationers every year, but most people only see it from their beach chairs and car seats. If you want to experience the Outer Banks of North Carolina in the most unforgettable way, then an Outer Banks helicopter tour is exactly what you need! With room on the helicopter for three passengers, every seat is a window seat!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed June 19, 2013

What better way to see the Outer Banks than by helicopter!? It was a gorgeous flight--my boyfriend and I got to see dolphins, rays, a shipwreck...and we got to buzz by my family on the beach! Larry is a great pilot and he, Steph, and Pam (on the ground) were so professional and friendly. The helicopter ride was really the cherry on top of an awesome week. We'll be back!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
in 8 reviews
"southern route"
"deluxe tour"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this to anyone"
"next year"
in 9 reviews
"nags head"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Not only was the trip beautiful, but the staff was very informational and friendly. They made sure we had a great time. We will do this again next time we are in the area, for sure! SOOOOO worth the time and money.!!! Thank you guys so much for being a part of making our honeymoon memorable for the rest of our lives! I also would recommend the optional video to anyone looking to do this. It turned out so beautiful!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

My wife gave me a 30 minute flight for a special birthday. I'm a pilot, so flying is most special when I am the captain, not somebody else. But this was a treat indeed. Larry, the chopper pilot did a great job. First of all, his takeoff into a strong and gusty wind was very good. The trip itself went from the Manteo airport down to Oregon Inlet, up the coast to the monument at Kill Devil Hills, back down the coast a ways, and then back to Manteo. Larry did a good job of explaining where we were and the significance of the site ... and sight!

The plexiglass canopy was well cleaned and I got some good pics. Not great because it's not the ideal photography machine. But worth taking along the camera. As for me, I'd rather sightsee and observe Larry at work. But you need some pics.

They also have some decent caps and shirts for sale when you return to earth.

And Larry nailed a perfectly good landing on the return. Windy, gusty, yet he eased the craft onto the tarmac as if it was a calm day. Even I was impressed.

It's a pricey trip ... but if split 3 ways ... the trip allows 3 people, we had two ... $325.00 is not so bad. The shorter trips cost a bit less.

Will we go again. Hard to say. But put it on your bucket list and don't leave the OBX without doing it at least once.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Coastal Helicopters, (Larry & Steph) provided us with the best experience, fun, and memories. This is one for the books... If you want to see the Outer Banks you need to take a tour with Coastal. We will return and thank you for being a part of our special day.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction