“Amazing Family Fun”

Coastal Helicopters
More attraction details
Owner description: Coastal Helicopters offers air tours and scenic flights over the beautiful Outer Banks of North Carolina...we can take up to three passengers on an exciting trip along the oceanside past lighthouses, marine life and wild ponies. From Corolla to Ocracoke and beyond, creates memories that last a lifetime!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Amazing Family Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I took a helicopter tour today to celebrate our anniversary. We brought along our 2 1/2 year old son. I am not sure who enjoyed the trip more - my son sat in awe the entire time and my husband and I absolutely loved the trip. Larry was the best pilot and made sure to turn the helicopter just so for my little guy to see the dolphins! Thank you all for an absolute great family adventure and we will definitely be back! I highly recommend anyone visiting the OBX to experience this trip!

Visited May 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

“Outstanding customer service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I called Coastal Helicopters with a special request for an in-flight engagement proposal and they went above and beyond to help. From the first time they heard of my idea they were very enthusiastic and helpful with ideas and tips to help make my day smooth. They gave me exact details for which beach to use, tide charts for water levels to write in the sand, and a very flexible schedule on the day of due to bad weather. They even went as far as to call my parents who were lost with great directions to the airport. This company exceed all of my expectations and I would recommend Coastal Helicopters to anyone! Thank you again so much!

Visited May 2013
Missouri City
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A day in paradise!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

This was one of the best portions of our incredible trip to the OBX. Larry and Stephanie were so accommodating to our desires. They had the helicopter washed with the doors off for our trip to Corolla and went out of their ways to make sure that our photo shoot was a success. I would highly recommend Coastal helicopters to ANYONE looking for a beautiful and informative trip over the OBX.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank dkdsun
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I would highly recommend Coastal Helicopters! We are local to the OBX and I booked a tour as a birthday surprise for husband who is a photographer. Larry and his wife were very helpful in arranging everything, including last minute changes due to weather and having the door off the helicopter for my husband to take photos. We both had a great time and would highly recommend this as an activity for anybody. Larry even took us over our house so we could get pics of our daughter waving at us from the ground! We absolutely loved it!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Lauren C
Richmond, Virginia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING TRIP!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

You can not go to the OBX and not take a Helicopter tour of the beaches, bays, and dunes. It was an amazing trip for me and my girlfriend. I have not stopped talking to everyone about it and been saying its a must to do in your lifetime. Our tour guide Larry was excellent and friendly and made the whole flight a blast.

Visited March 2013