“Exceeded our expectation... for a second time.”

Avenue Waterfront Grille and Events
Ranked #9 of 33 Restaurants in Manteo
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Avenue Grille is a waterfront restaurant in downtown Manteo serving local seafood, all natural proteins, pizza, burgers and more! Avenue Waterfront Grille is situated to handle large parties and has a kid menu, so there is something for everyone. Our menu has plenty of vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options, too. Made from scratch recipes are prepared fresh daily. The fully stocked bar is a great place to relax and view the water. Or join us on the area's largest waterfront patio with beautiful views overlooking the marina and Queen Elizabeth II. Gather with friends and family after a fun day on Roanoke Island enjoying the sights. We are located in the middle of the downtown district and are steps away from a stroll on the docks and great shops, too! We are a seasonal restaurant and will be adding more hours in starting in May. Looking forward to meeting you!
Richmond, Virginia
“Exceeded our expectation... for a second time.”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Back in July we stumbled upon this little gem when we used a free gift certificate from Restaurant.com. We figured that we had nothing to lose, and to try something new over in Manteo. We came back again this weekend for a quick birthday getaway, and there was no other restaurant we were going to.

When we first walked in we knew we had found a new OBX Tradition. A very modern bar, and decor, beautiful views of the sound, and to boot they had Sky Blue on tap, and 1/2 price wine bottles on Friday.

The staff was friendly and attentive, and the food was absolutely delicious. I do not remember the name of the gentleman that was our server on the first visit, but this time around it was Sarah. We didn't get to meet the chef, Thomas, but the manager Maria made sure that our visit was perfect.

For our first visit, we had the poached pear salad, coconut mussels, and bone in chicken. All of which were amazing.

This time around we changed it up and had the hummus plate, pork chop with potato gnocchi, and asian tuna. I was not prepared for that asian tuna. It was to die for. I'm munching on the leftovers right now.

I can't rave enough about the atmosphere, service and menu at Adrianna's... Thank you so much Maria, Thomas and staff for the repeated excellence. We look forward to seeing you on our next visit to the OBX.

Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Always a great experience at Adrianna's!”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband and I have been to Adrianna's twice now, and we LOVE it. Not only is the food fantastic, but the service there is equally outstanding, We didn't feel rushed in our meal, and our server was extremely attentive. This is now a planned must-have in our Nags Head vacation every time we're in the area!

Hockessin, Delaware
“Consider yourself warned!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had a party of 10 with a reservation for 6:30, but it definitely wasn't needed. It was a slow night. Took 2 hours to get our food and some of the meals were cold. Inattentive waitstaff and manager gives you this "you must be kidding" look when a complaint's made. Drinks tasted awful and they didn't have the appropriate alcohol for the drink specials. After the waiter gave us the dinner specials (which we planned on ordering) he said they just ran out. Keep in mind our reservation was at 6:30!!! Had to go to bar to get drinks since waitstaff was nowhere to be found...including, the bartender.

I would not recommend this place. It's a shame because this was our first trip to OBX and Adrianna's came highly recommended. For a check in excess of $300,I expect superb waitstaff, drinks, and food. manager gave a credit for one meal and appetizer. Not acceptable. Too many meals came out cold. You have to wonder if the owner is aware of this lack of attention or concern. You certainly don't get the "customer's always right" attitude.

#failure.

2 Thank TheBonks
ManteoBreeze, Owner at Avenue Waterfront Grille and Events, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear TheBonks,
I regret to hear you did not enjoy your dining experience. As co-owner and manager of Adrianna's it is mine and my husband's(co-owner) wish that every guest has a wonderful meal, great service and a relaxing time enjoying the view. Being the manager of our restaurant gives me the opportunity to see and hear every customer's point of view. While we have many satisfied and happy customers, I see that is not the case for you. I can assure you that I was not thinking "you have got to be kidding me". On the contrary I was thinking to do everything possible to please you. I apologize that you felt the discount I applied to your check was not adequate.
“Pleasant waterside dining”
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

I had lunch here and really enjoyed it. We sat at a table looking out over Roanoke Sound which was lovely. I ordered fish tacos and the presentation was beautiful. The blue crab bisque soup was delicious. The shrimp and grits was very good, too. Our waiter Chip wasn't as attentive as I would've liked particularly because it really wasn't that busy. Overall this was an above average dining experience.

1 Thank Emigd
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Overpriced, terrible service, pedestrian food”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Horrible experience: wait staff terrible. Waited 2 hours for food. Wait staff no where to be found. Had to go to the bar myself to get drinks got the table. Food finally arrived, and half of them were stone cold. Complained and manager just shrugged.

Stay away