“So glad we found this place early in the week!”

Avenue Waterfront Grille
Ranked #6 of 37 Restaurants in Manteo
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Avenue Grille is a seasonal waterfront restaurant in downtown Manteo serving local seafood, all natural proteins, pizza, burgers and more! We are closed for the winter and will reopen in March 2018. Avenue Waterfront Grille is situated to handle large parties and has a kid menu, so there is something for everyone. Our menu has plenty of vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options, too. Made from scratch recipes are prepared fresh daily. The fully stocked bar is a great place to relax and view the water. Or join us on the area's largest waterfront patio with beautiful views overlooking the marina and Queen Elizabeth II. Gather with friends and family after a fun day on Roanoke Island enjoying the sights. We are located in the middle of the downtown district and are steps away from a stroll on the docks and great shops, too! We are a seasonal restaurant and will be adding more hours in starting in May. Looking forward to meeting you!
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Our group has been coming to the Outer Banks for almost two decades, and while we have several favorite restaurants that are a regular part of our dinner schedule, we always reserve one night to try someplace new. This week that happened to be Adrianna's. We love going over to Manteo because it's so scenic and relaxing, so we were really hoping that Adrianna's would meet our expectations. Well, it FAR exceeded them; all of us agreed that it is what "fine dining" is all about. We were there for almost 2 hours, from appetizer (the baked brie was the best ever!) to dessert , and everyone's food was splendid. We made a reservation on our way out for another evening later in the week.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

We dined at Adrianna's in Manteo for lunch and couldn't have had a better experience. From the delicious she crab soup with local crab meat to the Pesto Pasta with Shrimp each dish was prepared perfectly! We also enjoyed the friendly wait staff that took care of us even with being rather busy. This is one restaurant you don't want to miss when in the area. We can't wait to come back next year!!

Reviewed July 30, 2011

My guest and I arrived at the restaurant just after it had closed for lunch. The hostess was kind enough to see that we were served. Our meals were exceptional. The restaurant itself has "clean lines," leather couches, and white linen tablecloths. The bartender and hostess were both very attractive and personable. This is a very impressive restaurant!

Reviewed June 7, 2011

Planned a special, romantic overnight trip to Manteo to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday, including dinner at Adrianna's and a stay at Tripadvisor's top rated B&B . I called Adrianna's several days ahead and confirmed a 6:30 pm reservation for dinner. To my/our unwelcomed surprise, we arrived for our dinner reservation to find Adrianna's closed - without even any explanation, no sign of life, etc. Talk about feeling like a fool - left me looking like a complete idiot for screwing up my girlfriend's birthday. Was able to find another place to eat, but we were both beyond hungry and frustrated by that point, not the way I hoped to celebrate her birthday. I'm completely disappointed in getting duped by Adrianna's.

1  Thank quisk
Reviewed May 19, 2011

We were in Manteo for the afternoon and we wanted to have some lunch while looking out on the water. Someone in town recommended Adrianna's. I had the Blackened Mahi Mahi BLT and it came with a side (I had house salad). The fish sandwich was the best that I have ever had, and the salad was nice and fresh with homemade dressing. I washed it down with a nice dark beer (from NC).

My boyfriend had the crab sandwich and house salad. He said his sandwich was also very good.

We were not real impressed with the decor in the restaurant. It was all black and white and very cold looking. It would be nice to have some colorful pictures, but at least we had a nice water view.

The thing that might put some people off, is that you have to sign up to be a member (at no cost) before you can eat or get a drink there. Since it didn't cost anything, other than providing my name, address, and e-mail information!, it wasn't really a problem. It was worth it to get such a nice lunch.