“A Must-Do in Manteo”

The Downeast Rover Sailing Cruises
More attraction details
Owner description: The Downeast Rover is a 55-foot topsail schooner offering sailing tours of the Roanoke Sound in the Outer Banks of North Carolina several times daily including sunset. The ship showcases views including the Jockey’s Ridge sand dunes, leaping dolphins and osprey nests. The ship docks and departs from the beautiful downtown Manteo Waterfront Marina located across from Festival Park. Reasonable prices for individuals, groups, and private charters. BYOB. Come see the Outer Banks from a completely different perspective! Enjoy a beautiful sail and the quaint village of Manteo for a day of fun and sun.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I decided to book a sunset sail with Downeast Rover, and we were not disappointed! Absolutely gorgeous boat, great captain and first mate!
We were allowed to bring a bottle of wine aboard, and we enjoyed having a glass as the sun went down. There were about 12 people on the boat, and we all had a blast! I'd love to sail again. :)

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Best cruise ever! I shared this trip with 18 other people and it was one of the highlights of the week, besides my wedding that is! Captain Ron and Captain Eric were amazing! Everyone who attended the cruise would LOVE to go back! The crew was very knowledgeable and made everyone feel very safe. If your group is on the more wild side you MUST ask for the Captain Ron special as he will not disappoint!! Def. a must on your trip and the town that you set sail from in Manteo is super cute and this would be a great day trip with a cruise on the water and then a cruise through the town.

Check it out well worth the money!!!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We sailed on 6/11/13 and had a terrific time. What a great afternoon for me and my grandaughter! Captain and mate were great, beautiful schooner and memorible time.

CaptainKim, Owner at The Downeast Rover Sailing Cruises, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Glenn,

Thank you to you and your granddaughter for joining us on the Rover! We're thrilled that you had a good time. Please come visit us again!

-Captain Kim

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Kim, Eric, and Mason made both our cruises top-notch experiences. They kept us apprised of the weather before the sail, and made both sails first-rate (First-rate, not First Mate, Mason...). Admittedly, over two decades after my last yacht race, I was itching to get back on the water - even as a lowly passenger - but this was FUN!
Per dollar spent, this was one of the most fun and most memorable activities we've ever done. Our adult kids were a little bummed when I told them we were going on an us-only anniversary cruise, but they were well-surprised when we told them about the day cruise the following day.
There are a lot of ways to spend your vacation; this activity ranks top-notch with us. All eight of us who sailed enjoyed every aspect. The boat is well-crewed, well-appointed for day sailing, and well-maintained. Kim was tremendously helpful with reservations, Eric knew exactly what he was doing, and Mason engaged/interacted with everyone on board.
I have never rated an activity this highly, and I look forward to our next OBX visit to sail with them again.

Larry,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you can join us again sometime!

Take care,

Captain Kim

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Considering that most of the sea trips one can get on the Banks have to do with fishing or dolphins (dolphins=children, noise, and corny never ending narration+/-dolphins), finding something relaxing and quiet ain't easy. So we were pleasantly surprised to find this sailing tour, sunset, helpful but unobtrusive crew, so that two people can enjoy the view, the waves, a bottle of wine with some food in peace. Done it twice in two years, and most likely will do it again.

3  Thank gordonsmc