“Relaxing Sail”

The Downeast Rover Sailing Cruises
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Downeast Rover is a 55-foot topsail schooner offering sailing tours of the Roanoke Sound in the Outer Banks of North Carolina several times daily including sunset. The ship showcases views including the Jockey’s Ridge sand dunes, leaping dolphins and osprey nests. The ship docks and departs from the beautiful downtown Manteo Waterfront Marina located across from Festival Park. Reasonable prices for individuals, groups, and private charters. BYOB. Come see the Outer Banks from a completely different perspective! Enjoy a beautiful sail and the quaint village of Manteo for a day of fun and sun.
Reviewed June 20, 2012

My wife and I celebrated our 43rd anniversary by taking a two hour sailing tour on Roanoke Sound aboard the Downeast Rover out of Manteo, NC. What a wonderful trip. Captain Eric was at the helm and was knowlegeable of not only his boat but also the sound. He pointed out the many Osprey nest now populating the sound. He also pointed out a shrimper who was just dropping his nets and explained the process of netting shrimp. He answered all the questions thrown at him and even allowed a young boy to take the helm and steer the boat for a while which thrilled the young boy.
First mate Mason was very helpful in making sure everyone was comfortable and also explained the sails and rigging.
Captain Kim who owns the boat with her husband was at the dock to greet us and really made us feel like we were the most important people ever. It is a wonderful trip made even better by a very welcoming crew.
Thanks for a memorable day.

2  Thank Ken H

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Had a large group go out on the Sunset Cruise and it was totally awesome. Captain Eric and Mate Mason were so accomadating and informative. The Boat was very cool, have never been on a sailboat so it was very cool to walk around, go below deck and check it out. This is a great family, group, or romantic couples cruise. What i really liked about it is that you were able to bring food, and beverage of your choice with you. Imagine a nice picnic dinner with cocktails sailing across the albermarle sould with your loved one! What a must do!!! Something that me and my man will definately be partaking in. So Book your trip now and you wont be disappointed at all!!

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I had a WONDERFUL time aboard The Downeast Rover! The crew was friendly and helpful! The sunset was beautiful! I highly recommend this sunset tour to anyone!

Reviewed June 19, 2012

My sister in law and I had an awesome time on our trip on the Downeast Rover. We had perfect weather and the sunset was beautiful. The captain and mate were great and so was the company. There were plenty of seats and room to walk around. We had a great time, thanks for a fantastic time!

Reviewed June 19, 2012

What a pleasure it was to sail on this schooner! The vessel was remarkable, such a neat experience for us. The staff was gratious and so much fun! I'll definitely be back again witht he children and groups of friends!

KF