“Ok food, botched order, no website email reply.”

Big Al's Restaurant and Grill
Ranked #7 of 37 Restaurants in Manteo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: The past is back! Big Al's Soda Fountain & Grill serves up authentic American fare in a retro 50's fun dining atmosphere. Restaurant features soda fountain counter, juke box, dance floor, game room/arcade, one of the largest Coca-Cola memorabilia collections in the country, fresh never-frozen USDA certified Prime Angus burgers, home made desserts, 50's inspired gift-shop and blue-plate specials. New owners have recently updated the restaurant from top to bottom with a focus on a quality dining experience with all the good flavors of the era.
Reviewed August 7, 2014

The atmosphere is great. The food is pretty good. The customer service is above average, but what really bugged me about this place is my order being screwed up so bad and then didnt respond to their own website email.

I ordered the bacon blue burger and got some kind of western burger instead. I let it slide cause I didn't want to cause a problem. We also got malted milkshakes, but I thought to myself "wow, this has no malt flavor." It wasn't until we got home that we all started talking about the malts and all commented that none of us tasted any malt. :(

I went to the restaurant website and used the "Contact Us" link explaining how the order was messed up.....and never got a reply. I guess no one checks the site's email. It's too bad because those things added up are enough to keep me away next time.

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

We decided to stop by here on the way back after a nice drive to the alligator river refuge area . The menu is a little pricey but the food was good, my wife and I decided to order two meals and split them with the kids. My wife ordered the tuna salad sandwich without the bread and I ordered the hamburger plate. They said the tuna and other salads are made fresh daily . My wife enjoyed her tuna salad plate and she said they out a lot more on the plate then what would go on a sandwich which was ok because she was sharing her plate with our daughter . The hamburger I ordered was very delicious and I upgraded to onion rings. It was a great choice. The waitress was also very nice and the dining facility was very clean. We will definitely stop here again.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

My family of 6 and 3 babies went to Al's for lunch and had an amaZing experience. Our server Shannon was literally one of the best servers I've ever had in my life. She made it very special. Food was great

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Al's was a very unique and wonderful experience!! With all of the Coca Cola items there my wife and kids and I loved it!! The atmosphere was great and the food was to and by God's grace we will be back!!! :D

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Our group of 9 loved this place- fun decor, good food, super-friendly service! We will def be back on our next obx trip!