For a B&B that bills itself and its customers as a "distinguished" inn, this one fell short. At the very least, any B&B should have excellent coffee. Theirs isn't even good -- and on the first morning, there were lapses in its availability. The breakfast was OK but nothing special. We've had more distinguished breakfasts at lower-tiered B&Bs. The breakfast service the second morning was barely adequate; the first morning it was sub-standard. The afternoon dessert was good, except for the lack of decent coffee, on par with other B&Bs of all levels in which we've stayed. Other B&Bs in this class serve guests afternoon wine; The White Doe will sell it to you. Our room was too cold, though linens were quality and bed was comfortable. The gardens are nice, but after several hours of tourist activities, we returned for some R&R, only to find a wedding in progress, limiting our access to the facilities. If they had merely told us about it, we could've rearranged our schedule for the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury lodging, quality service, and island life await you at the White Doe Inn; located in the quaint, coastal village of Manteo on Roanoke Island, NC. All bedchambers are decorated with family heirlooms, turn-of-the-century antiques & reproductions with comfortable sitting areas and fireplaces. Several rooms offer spa tubs for two and balconies. A full breakfast if offered daily. Every effort has been made to create a comfortable and intimate ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The White Doe Inn Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Doe Inn Bed And Breakfast
- The White Doe Hotel Manteo