“Smoking Beard History! The kids loved it!”

Roanoke Island Festival Park
Book In Advance
More Info
$79.50*
and up
Outer Banks Paddleboard Eco Tour
Ranked #6 of 38 things to do in Manteo
More attraction details
Owner description: History comes alive with a replica of Elizabeth II's era and costumed-sixteenth-century characters.
Granite Falls, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Smoking Beard History! The kids loved it!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

We went here on a school field trip. The kids loved it! The adults liked it too. The characters were fun, funny and were able to present to the class in a way that made it fun! We will definitely go back for the museum. It was closed temporarily.

Visited April 2013

NJ
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great for History Buffs”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We made a quick tour of the area - my husband is not a huge history buff, but we walked through the area and I think anyone who enjoys this type of attraction would find this interesting.

Visited October 2012
Durham, North Carolina, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nice History”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Good place to learn some NC history, both Native American and early English. There were multiple school groups there the day we went so things were pretty crowded. There are "tour guides" situated throughout that demonstrated how the explorers' camp would have been in the late 1500's. There is a nice indian village as well. The movie they play is good, our kids and us liked it. The museum is being renovated so we didn't see much. They said it will be open in the summer.

Columbus, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great place”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Went here with my husband and 2 year old son. we had a great time walking around. most of the exhibits were hands on so my son was free to touch and explore. The actors in the village and on the ship interacted well with him and were very informative for my husband and myself. This was a great place to learn about some of the history of the area.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun for a couple of hours”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I went here for the afternoon with my two tweens. We learned quite a bit and had a great time together. It was an especially cold windy day, but the staff still took the time to make sure we learned everything possible. My only complaint is that--for the price--there's not much to see unless you really take the time to stop and see everything. If you go, make sure you have the time to spend looking at all of the exhibits and that it's nice outside. More than half of the park is outdoors!