“Great Floor Plan!”

Elizabethan Gardens
Ranked #3 of 39 things to do in Manteo
More attraction details
Owner description: A reproduction of a garden of the time of Elizabeth I located on Roanoke Island.
Massachusetts
94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Great Floor Plan!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

The best part about these gardens is that it is well laid out and not overwhelming to walk around. The variety of flowers made each turn a new venture. Unfortunately for me I came in early April and there was not full blooming of the hundreds of thousands of flowers. The signage made it easy for those of us who are horticulturally-challenged. The placement of the Queen Elizabeth statue at the hub of the pathways was helpful to locate where you were and help you to determine where you wanted to go. The nominal fee for admission certainly goes a long way in preserving the grounds.

Visited April 2013

Manteo, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Gorgeous Gardens”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a great place just to come walk around and marvel at the gorgeous gardens. We often come here for events such as the Easter Egg Hunt or most recently we came for Harvest Hay Day. During these special events they provide children with wonderful activities including a hay ride, lots of arts and crafts and good food to buy. Next on our list is the Grand Illumination of the Winter Lights. In November and December they decorated the gardens with Christmas lights and it's just gorgeous!

Visited October 2013
Clarksburg, West Virginia
3 attraction reviews
“Great for the plant enthusiast.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

I especially loved the rose garden. Expect to spend quite a while there, and I recommend going on a cooler day because the garden gets really humid. My daughter didn't seem to enjoy it as much as I did because it is a lot of walking. We were all exhausted by the time we left.

Visited June 2013
Hesson, Ontario
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Beautiful, quiet getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I wish I could have spent more time wandering the gardens. A picnic lunch would be perfect here. The little nooks and surprises you find wandering around are enchanting. Simply lovely. Even the kids were excited by the butterflies, fountains and statues.

Arkansas
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Beautiful and peaceful. Wonderful place to visit. Interesting plants and paths to follow. Loved the ocean view. Very picturesque.

Visited October 2013