“Their baked goods are fantastic!”
Review of Flying Fish Cafe

Flying Fish Cafe
Ranked #17 of 49 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed June 24, 2009

A Wellfleet institution, now with new ownership. The best in town for breakfast; great pizza and sandwiches, too! Take out or eat in. Open early am.

There are newer reviews for Flying Fish Cafe

Reviewed June 14, 2009

The Flying Fish is a small and cute restaurant serving all three meals, has a tiny bar, and also has a counter for coffee, tea, smoothies, and baked goods. My boyfriend and I went to the flying fish for breakfast and both got scrambled eggs, homefries and toast. I must say, great homefries. The server forgot our bagel, but was quick to fix it and apologetic. The iced coffee was oddly exceptional. The best part were the pastries we got for the ride: mixed berry muffins, mixed berry scones, and a whoopie pie. I probably could have died eating each one of them....we were going to save them for later, but they were too delicious to resist.

1  Thank salutkitten
Reviewed June 10, 2009

Service was non-existent at this place - why provide 'waitered' service when customers have to get up to hunt down their waitresses? Unfortunately, there was also a significant wait time (30minutes) before we were served our sandwiches. It seems the kitchen staff share the same "lack of service attitude" as the wait staff . The sandwiches were mediocre at best - I could have gotten the same by picking up a sandwich from Starbucks (yes, I do mean the coffee chain!)

Avoid this one - even during the off season when a lot of places are shut, you are better off walking a few feet up the road to The Box Lunch.

Reviewed May 25, 2009

I had high hopes for this cute little cafe, but as the minutes went on my opinion went down. Food was really good, and if you don't mind waiting 45 minutes for your breakfast (there are only about 7 tables in there) and having to correct the waitress numerous times, then I'd say go there.

Numerous things were forgotten or things were incorrect -- not only at our table, but at the 3 other tables she was waiting on. After the initial order, she didn't bother to write things down and would continue to forget customer's additional requests. They ran out of many things and the waitress was not aware at the time orders were taken, which was not her fault. She was very nice but appeared inexperienced. The owner was very nice, defended the waitress saying she's very experienced, usually works the dinner shift and the owner took all the blame for the mistakes. However, she kept making excuses for the waitress. Unfortunately, restaurants don't have the luxury of having bad service and staying in business...the owner stresses people do continue to come back even if they have bad service (she is aware of their "service reputation"). I have to disagree. I for one will not go back...good food or not. Bring a book if you go.

Reviewed February 7, 2009

The food is nothing to write home about and when we tried to make a substitution sue to an allergy we were told "NO" in a most impolite way. They have no tolerance for a special need and the help is rude and inattentive. We suggest you go around the cornet to the Light House where they are friendly and always accommodate any special request.