“Yummy!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marconi Beach Restaurant

Marconi Beach Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 46 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Arlington, Massachusetts
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

At the recommendation of permanent Cape Cod residents, we ate there for lunch. The delicious smells from the smoker strategically situated in front made our mouths water as soon as we exited the car. The restaurant was not crowded at the odd hour, although when we passed by later, the place was packed. Our service was excellent, and the food was fantastic! The ribs, so tender they fell off the bone, were delicious. One of the day's specials, clam balls, were packed with clams and nicely complemented by the remoulade sauce. The portions were very large, but there wasn't a morsel left. As an indicator of how much we enjoyed it, we probably would have stopped there for dinner when we drove by later, if there had been a parking space available.

1 Thank SisBoston

Lexington, Massachusetts
“The smoker pulls you in...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

Caught a whif of the smoker while driving to the beach in the am. Knew it would be a 'must stop' on the way home from the beach. So glad we did. Outstanding pulled pork mac and cheese, pulled chix sandwich, buffalo chix mac and cheese had the appropriate amount of hots to give a runny nose. Ample menu, bar menu, very pleasant waitstaff, casual atmosphere. Would definitely go back.

1 Thank travelgirl41643
Toronto, Canada
“A solid 3.5 for food, but too complacent on service!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

Heading back from Provincetown, I noticed this BBQ place, Russ and Marie's. It was packed and it looked intriguing for sure. The decor is endearing, as it has been a part of Marconi Beach community for quite some time now. The decor is reminiscent of the early 1980's cottage style setting with plenty of maritime art, maps and kitsch all over the restaurant. For the most part, the food was pretty solid. The ribs were smoky delicious, the coleslaw had a nice tang to it, the mashed potatoes were creamy and nice. Unfortunately, the beans were pretty good as well until one of the last bites included a chunk of tin foil. I understand mistakes happen, but when the waitress was told she had a very blasé attitude towards it. "Oh that stuff happens, it's too bad about that". I had to reiterate three times that I bit the darn tinfoil and that she should let the cook staff know to be more careful before she finally apologized. The lack of genuine concern frustrated me. It's too bad because Russ's and Marie's otherwise seemed like a good family restaurant. The owner walked around with a giant six pound lobster, wore it like a neck tie and let kids take a picture with the soon to be dinner. However, the lasting impression I have of this family place is that lack of concern because if a young child had swallowed that tin foil, it could be more serious. I just wish more concern could have been displayed. I would recommend the food, but the service needs a tune-up at Russ and Marie's!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tdsuperstar
Uxbridge, Massachusetts
“Lobster Roll”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

Been to this BBQ place a few times over the years and is always consistently good BBQ like brisket that melts in your mouth and ribs that fall off the bone. This time I tried the lobster roll and was very impressed. The price was excellent along with just the right amount of mayo and celery on a grilled roll w/ french fries (or sweet potato fries) and cole slaw. The service was quick and courteous. Have also gotten the fried chicken take out which was a big hit back at the cottage. Take out girls were faster than fast food!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Not just for BBQ lovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

My carnivorous BBQ loving teen has been trying to get me to this restaurant since we first spotted it, I am not a BBQ lover so I held out for most of the summer. Big mistake! Seriously this is my new favorite restaurant, all of my picky eaters LOVED it, we tried seafood, quinoa/bean salad, fried chicken and of course BBQ ribs - all were amazing! Our server Mary was so helpful and nice, she gave us great food and beach advice in addition to providing excellent service. We will be going back as often as we can! The casual appearance of the restaurant and all you can eat fried chicken sign does not do justice to the amazing food and diverse menu - really a great find. And it had one of my favorite Merlot's - definite bonus points for Toasted Head!

2 Thank pmmcavoy