“Barbecue Bang for your Buck”

Marconi Beach Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 48 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed August 8, 2014

This place is amazing. In a sea of seafood restaurants at the Cape, Russ and Marie's Marconi Beach Restaurant stands out as a barbecue-oriented venue. It has a casual atmosphere, filled with antique farm tools and fishing equipment and vintage posters, and a cozy ambience that's good for sharing with family and friends. The bar area is lively, and the owner often comes out to joke and chat with the clientele. The portions of the food are huge - you can't go wrong with any of the barbecue platters. I got the sliced beef brisket platter ($19.99) and it came with so much food that I have enough for an entire lunch tomorrow. The baked sweet potato side comes with cinnamon sugar butter, a unique, delicious signature touch. We were seated immediately (at 8 pm on a Friday night) despite the fact that the restaurant was very busy. It's also very conveniently located on Rt. 6, within 10-15 minutes of the main National Seashore beaches. Definitely visit this restaurant if you're on vacation at the Cape!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

My husband and I stopped 8:30 on a Saturday night, parking lot was packed. we were seated right away, service was excellent and food even better! I had the lobster mac and cheese was great and had large chunks of lobster, served with perfectly toasted garlic bread. my husband had the ribs and chicken bbq which was superb. We will be going back. There were also many families with children, great place. good prices, great menu.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

This restaurant does a great job satisfying the whole family. My sons and their friends say they service the best friend chicken. I was able to get my seafood fix and my husband enjoyed the ribs. The service is always great and we make the a visit each year when we visit Wellfleet.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

If you like barbecue, do not miss this place! Generous portions, very good food. We had ribs, fried shrimp, steak and the porkinator sandwich - loved everything. The cornbread was fantastic!

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We went to this restaurant on our way back from Brewster after a baseball game. We had eaten generic burgers at the game but were still hungry, and the yummy smoke smell lured us in. Our waitress was super friendly, and quickly took our drink order. We both wanted to try a few things, so after much deliberation, we both went with a BBQ combo, which lets you choose two items in a list, and build your plate. I had the fried chicken and smoked beef brisket, while my friend had the fried chicken and smoked ribs. The plates came with a cornbread muffin, coleslaw, BBQ beans and a potato choice (fries, mashed, sweet potato fries...). Our waitress asked us what pieces of chicken we wanted, which was nice. Our jaw dropped to the floor when our plates arrived: there was SO much food! We're both medium eaters (light eaters by some American standards), and we could have shared a plate and would have been content. Yhe fried chicken was amazingly good! Crispy, juicy, nicely seasonned. The brisket was on the dry side and a bit dissapointing. The ribs were okay, but dry (a but crunchy), but fell off the bone. The beans and coleslaw were good, the corn muffin was too sweet for my taste. We did save one for the next day. We ate as much as we could, but could't clean our plates.
I recommend the fried chicken, would have it every week! The two BBQ offerings we tried were somewhat dissapointing though.