“Annual Visit Doesn't Disappoint”

Bookstore & Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 48 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Seafood dining on Cape Cod, paired with an exquisite bookstore - enjoy the waterfront views at the Bookstore & Restaurant in Wellfleet. Since 1964, three generations of our family have come together to create the recipes that showcase seafood dining and family comfort. Many of our dishes have become classics on the Outer Cape. Combining our love for seafood and simplicity, we offer our customers unique waterfront dining on what we consider the most beautiful harbor in the world.
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We come for lunch every year during our summer vacation to CC. Another great meal. Sat upstairs on the deck with a great view on a beautiful sunny July Friday. The raw bar (clams and oysters) were fresh and tasty as usual. Son had the scallop roll and he thought it was one of the best seafood meals he's ever had. I loved the fish (fried cod) tacos with a lovely vinho verde. Service is firendly and efficient. Can't wait until next year!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We were seated outdoors, upstairs with a great view of the water. Our waiter, Sam, was outstanding! Enjoyed the Oysters Rockefeller to start, followed by delicious steak tips with mashed potatoes. No room for dessert!

1  Thank OrleansMassachusetts
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Whenever I'm in Wellfleet I always pay a visit to the Bookstore and Restaurant. They have their own oyster beds and the oysters, served in a variety of forms are delicious. They also have some wonderful salads - I especially like the lobster salad plate. Their mussels with seasoned fries is another favorite. I have never had a bad meal here. If you can ask to be seated on the upper deck which has an ocean view.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

One my favorite restaurants on the Cape. Casual, good food and great views. They have a nice variety of entre choices and good appetizers. I always get the Portuguese stew (Nice collection of seafood's in a spicy sauce), very good and my wife had the steak tips. Highly recommend!

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Great food and drinks...well thought out menu. Seafood and other specialty dishes were equally delicious. Generous portions. Really friendly, accomodating staff. We love this restaurant and hope to return many times again.

1  Thank Cheryl Z