“Seafood at it's finest”

Ranked #3 of 49 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mac's Shack is all about the pure goodness of the season's local harvest. Your taste buds will shout "hello summer!" Ice cold Wellfleet Oysters, tender lobster dripping with butter, mouthwatering sushi, and the freshest seafood served on the Cape - made exactly how you like it. This is the kind of food that makes you happy.
Reviewed October 8, 2010

My friend and I went to Mac's in June the restaurant is sooo busy - we were so happy to be able to grab a space at the bar -the bartender though very busy made us feel like he had all the time in the world to help us select a bottle of wine adn then we started ordering perfectly cold perfectly crisp perfectly cooked shrimp cocktail- really large shrimp yum!! Then we had sishi rolls tuna , shrimp and soft shell crab - everything perfectly put together and soo delicious I can see why these place is always busy - the food was phenominal!!!

1  Thank hopperfish

Reviewed September 19, 2010

great place for seafood, atmosphere and chatting to people! we went here on a tour round new England and thought it was great. had a really good atmosphere and the raw bar delights were excellent! I would certainly recommend.

1  Thank zotar
Reviewed September 13, 2010

We were staying in Wellfleet for 1 week and we went 2 times at the Mac Shack! The atmosphere was very good, very relax and easy. The service was fast and very nice. The food was perfect! Clam chowder, lobster roll, scallops, etc. Delicious! The raw bar is just amazing and I discover Wellfleet oysters... they are the best!! I want to go back!

Reviewed September 10, 2010

Terrific meal last night here. My wife had the crab stuffed flounder with garlic mashed....hot and very good...cooked perfectly......I had the roasted cod which was prepared perfectly......excellent waiter who was there to check on us but not too often.....he was quick with a menu choice ( stuffed flounder ).....nice bottle of wine (Albarino).......very nice meal and fun time....try it.

1  Thank NHRick
Reviewed July 19, 2010

The sushi at Mac's is a work of art! If you come alone or if there are 2 in your party, sit at the sushi bar and chat with Iichi the sushi chef or Jun his side kick. The tuna martini is a must order if you like tuna. The cooked fare is also very good. You can't go wrong with any of the hot meals. My eight year old loves the macaroni and cheese here.... I can't replicate it at home!!!!