“Too crowded for its own good - what "shack" restaurant ever runs out of burgers?”
Review of Mac's Shack

Mac's Shack
Ranked #4 of 46 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sushi, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Mac's Shack is all about the pure goodness of the season's local harvest. Your taste buds will shout "hello summer!" Ice cold Wellfleet Oysters, tender lobster dripping with butter, mouthwatering sushi, and the freshest seafood served on the Cape - made exactly how you like it. This is the kind of food that makes you happy.
New York, NY
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We arrived at this restaurant at about 8 pm without a booking, thinking we wouldn't have long to wait before getting a seat at that time. We should have thought again. We were not seated until close to 9.30 pm. The staff were not all that attentive. We ourselves had to organize a seat for one of our group who is elderly. The waitress in the outside area forgot to input an appetiser order. Service was generally slow. They wouldn't let us pre-order our entrees so we had to wait until we got our table to do so. One of our party asked for a burger, only to be told that they had run out burgers! Never heard of a restaurant (especially one that casts itself as a "shack") to run out of a basic dish like a burger. Our food when it came was generally good, but portions seemed small for the prices. Service was slow - water refills had to be requested. This is a popular place, but it should manage tables better and have more resourceful staff. We could have had our meal outside once space opened up, but staff never even thought of proposing that.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank areopagus

“kool place”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

As usual a no reservation policy is in place. A bummer. The outdoor seafood bar is very good clams,oysters, even shrimp tempura if you can get served. lots of chaos! The drinks are good. The indoor menu if you can get a table(in season 1 hour easy) is an odd mix. The stuffed 1/2 lobster was very good. A very good upscale restaurant. Lots of noise! But a fun night!

• Visited June 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Exceptional grub, cool ambiance and slow service. ”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Mac's is worth the trip. My wife and I enjoyed some delicious oysters and classic New England seafood. The burger (my wife was sick of seafood) was actually really good too.
My flounder blt more than made up for really slow service.
Mac's also had a very cool vibe going on. Everyone is pretty laid back and casual. If you're not in a hurry come linger at Mac's

Beloeil, Canada
“Wish I had sampled more of their menu!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I only sampled the fried shrimp plate for a mid-afternoon lunch on a Monday, but I loved it. I thought the price was fair for what I ordered (14$ for 8-10 shrimps, fries and coleslaw), and the shrimps were lightly battered, almost like a tempura. They were also without tails, which made them easier to eat (no waste!). The fries were your average frozen fries, and the coleslaw was nothing special.
I wish I had had time to go back and try out other dishes. I thought the 16$ lobster roll seemed overpriced, but it must be the most popular item on the menu.
I would go back for sure to try out more seafood!

Visited July 2014
Andover, Massachusetts
“Libations, Oysters & Sushi - Oh My”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We were visiting with friends and had spent the day at Nassuet Beach - our hosts kept talking about sushi at Mac's and to be honest, I was not quite sure why I would go for sushi while at the Cape - fish yes but sushi well- let's just say it was an awesome choice. We got there late and had no reservations but we were lucky enough to snag a table at the outdoor bar, thanks to the very nice couple that gave it up to us. The boys ordered the libations, oysters and shrimp cocktail while the girls caught up. The oysters were so delicate and tasty - I went back for 3 more! And the shrimp cocktail looked great. We were told the wait for inside table would be an hour so this was just a great way to relax and not be starving. Once we were given our table we went through the menu - lots of choices but we did order sushi for all. The hand grenades (shrimp,scallop with dynamite sauce) were explosive (had to say it) the Rainbow roll was delicious and we all enjoyed a few pieces of nigiri (hamachi and tuna)! We also decided to try the tuna mango martini and let me tell you this one dish is with the trip! The service was top notch - attentive but not too much and the martinis helped us all enjoy the evening just a bit longer. I might also point out that they had a good wine list. The dining room is cramped but it is just what you expect on the Cape in the summer. I have to say this is a definite repeat for us! Oh and don't forget to ask about their "sustainable parking lot" - has to do with the oyster shells!

• Visited July 2014