“The Only Drive Left Around HEre!”

Wellfleet Drive-In Theatre
Ranked #1 of 1 Fun & Games in Wellfleet
Reviewed October 10, 2013

WE try to go once a year. IT's so much fun to watch the movies in the back of the truck and they always pick very up to date movies.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The famous flea market was closed because it was off season. What a shame. Many would have gone - we all remembered it for years. They must not think we retirees want the same services as the youngsters who come during in-season.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

A classic drive-in, with nice radio sound, of course. Being over fifty, I remember when this was commonplace. The next generations should have the experience before they all disappear. Full snack bar and a bonus mini-golf make the Wellfleet an even better than most night at the drive-in. Go!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Grew up summering in Wellfleet and going to the drive in. Not much has changed and it was nice to get back. There is still the flea market in the day, which has less vendors than I remember but always great finds. It was like I was 14 again!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Drive-ins were not really a part of my past. But my kids wanted to make it part of their present, so the wife and I trundled them into the minivan for a night out. Glad we went. Sitting in the car meant we could eat our own healthy (and unhealthy snacks), no snotty kid in the next aisle texting during the trailers and your shoe wouldn't be coated with week-old gum in the aisle.
At the same time, I was a little taken aback that the drive-in essentially charges the same for admission for what you'd pay if you'd go into a regular theatre. It's not quite the same experience, so you shouldn't pay the same: two kids and two adults will shell out $30--cash only. If you come in a bigger car, you'll need to use a stall with one of the yellow poles on the edges of aisles 1-7. We had to move after being told our pole was "only half yellow." Oh. Thanks for the clarification. If you move to the eighth row and back you can park anywhere. No biggie. The screen's big, and if you use your FM radio for the sound, it's surprisingly good. I wanted to sample the 1957-vintage speakers supplied by the drive-in, but ours was basically on the fritz. Stick to the FM, make sure you don't drain your battery and a swell time will be had by all.
If you're only staying for the first feature, as we did, be sure and wait to watch the interstitials between flicks, which date back to way back when. Nothing like finishing the night with some dancing hot dogs and French fries to send you home.

1  Thank murrayhill