“Mixed feelings”
Review of Winslow's Tavern

Winslow's Tavern
Ranked #5 of 46 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Cuisines: Seafood, American
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A dining experience at Winslow's begins with a warm greeting from Tracey Barry Hunt, the General Manager who oversees "the front of the house." A former documentary television producer and director, Tracey loves speaking with guests and sharing local knowledge about her favorite spots on the Cape. Winslow's menu and wine list are created by South African born Chef, Phillip Hunt, Tracey's husband. Phillip is always happy to share his passion and vast knowledge of wine with guests interested in recommendations and food pairings. On any given day Tracey and Phillip's two young sons, Hunter and Romanee (our grill and saute cooks for the 2020 season!) may also make an appearance at Winslow's to pick some herbs for Dad or entertain the staff and guests with Mom.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've been wanting to try this restaurant for a while now. I got my opportunity on our latest cape excursion. My husband and I stopped for dinner on June 23th. We sat upstairs. The atmosphere up there was wonderful. It had the "tavern" like feel I was hoping for. Downstairs and outside felt a little more like fine dining. My husband started with the raw oysters which he was very happy with. I got the sashimi appetizer, on the specials menu. This consisted of about 6 tiny cubes of raw tuna (yellow fin I believe). I hate to say, but it was way over priced and the fish was warm. There's no way that fish was properly refrigerated. You can not serve warm raw fish. That's how people get sick. My husband chose the entree that came with angel hair pasta and all the seafood. I believe it had clams, scallops, mussels, etc. Once again, he was very pleased. (It certainly looked good.) I ordered the caesar salad with grilled shrimp. The salad it's self was very good but once again I was disappointed with the price. It was like an extra $7 to add 3 medium sized shrimp to my salad. I felt a little ripped off. My husband also ordered the pinto noir, which he declared was the BEST pinto noir he's had the entire vacation. Needless to say, I have mixed feelings about the restaurant. I'll certainly come back but next time I'll make sure to order different things.

Clinton
“Good lunch, TINY portion”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I had lunch seated outside on the front lawn of the restaurant. It was very pleasant and offered a great view of Main Street. The menu was very appealing with lots of options. I chose the scallop roll with a side of mixed greens (and a couple cherry tomatoes). The waitress told me in advance that it was a good meal if you wanted something light. She was right. I didn't eat the roll, so I had three decent sized (although not huge) scallops with lemon dill aioli on the side and some salad. I tried to eat slowly, but there just wasn't that much there. Literally, my stomach was rolling a couple of hours later. Would I go there again, maybe. But, I likely would order something more substantial if I was hungry.

Service was attentive, efficient and appropriately friendly.

Northern Bergen, NJ
“Nice place to sit outside and pound oysters and beers.”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

While the wive's spent our retirement on shopping in Wellfleet jewelry and craft stores, my buddy and I found that sitting outside on the patio, when the weather is just right, and pounding down oysters on the half shell and Harpoon beer is just the thing to do to pass the time. Dining inside later at night is also quite nice, and we like to sit in the upstairs bar area, noisiness aside. Stop here at least once if you're staying in Wellfleet. Nice and relaxing.

Lyon, France
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely.”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch here this afternoon and it was wonderful. The outside seating area was beautiful, the service was friendly and the food was very good. The wine list really stood out for its variety of selection.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“couldn't have asked for a better evening!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I love this place! Ate their once with my family (adults and teens) last summer. The menu is pretty pricey, but we were able to find reasonably priced items like appetizers and pastas. The outdoor seating is great, especially on a nice night. It is in a quaint grassy area away from the street. Our waitress was a doll. The food was DELICIOUS- portions are decent sized. They also have live music inside which was so much fun after our meal. There are two floors and upstairs by the bar they had this great group singing and dancing and playing instruments- everyone was joining in and it was so fun. Fantastic evening overall.

• Visited July 2012