“Nice Cape Cod Restaurant”
Review of The Wicked Oyster

The Wicked Oyster
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wicked Oyster is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 48 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a nice restaurant in the middle of Wellfleet. The menu is not very large, and has several meat dishes mixed in with the seafood, even including “upscale” hamburgers. We were six people and the place was nearly full, and there was only one waitress serving. That made service a little slow, but she was very efficient and there were no major problems. For a main dish, I had salmon with wheat and asparagus and it was delicious. My wife had panko crusted pan fried sole with a lemon-caper cream sauce served over jasmine rice. Everything was tasty, although the sole was a bit oily.

The restaurant has a pleasant quiet atmosphere and we enjoyed our meal there.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

On our Oyster Quest, chose the Wicked Oyster to try wellfleet oysters. They were fantastic, fresh and wonderful. Had a burger that was perfectly done. Nice selection of local brews and the wait staff was attentive, caring, and engaging. Great place!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My brothers gave my sister and I a gift certificate so for my sis's birthday we went for a meal. Usually we just go to a lovely place for a glass of wine and small plate so this was a treat. We didn't have any appetizer the bread was delicious and not too filling. My sister got the scallops and I the panko -encrusted sole. Amazing, subtle but notable flavors-every bite a delight. The service was unhurried and unobtrusive , pleasant and timed well.

My only suggestion would be the lighting ...I'm not a fan of overhead lights- these weren't glaring or awful but soft wall sconces would be great or something the wonderful artwork or small lamps on the tables.

Overall the entrees were without reproach -just enough - not skimpy precious, not supersized yuck- just right! Every bite a delight.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stopped off here out of season for lunch. The first thing to note is that it was one of few places in the area not closed for the season. Total of about a dozen people in the restaurant and bar. Our fried 'fish platter' was fish & chips in my book and was hot, crisp,well cooked and tasty. Good lunch, thanks.

1  Thank Martin M
Reviewed October 30, 2013

A small, comfortable restaurant with some outstanding dishes. Fairly quiet. We had a mussel dish as an appetizer, which was very good. The duck trio (duck breast, duck sausage, duck bacon) was terrific – a very interesting combination of flavors – with roasted Brussels sprouts and parsnip puree. The wine list is very reasonable in price with some excellent selections. We have been here three times and will go back.