“Impressive hearty breakfast...at 10:30”
Review of The Wicked Oyster

The Wicked Oyster
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wicked Oyster is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 48 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
“Impressive hearty breakfast...at 10:30”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I arrived with my party of 7 this morning at 10:30, note it was a Sunday morning, and were seated within 5 minutes of arrival. Our server was very personable and prompt but forgot to refill coffees and waters. Everyone in my group cleaned their plate and was impressive with how fast our food came out. I customized my omelette but will defiantly be back to try the set menu items. The prices were very fare and I would recommend the French toast for little ones. Overall welcome surprise for my first visit there all summer.

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
Montreal, Canada
“Superlatives are Inadequate”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

One of the best, most well prepared and presented meals I have had in a long time.

My only negative comment is that I only discovered it on my last day on the Cape. Rest assured that my first, last and many in between meals will be here!

I heartily agree with the NY Times reviewer: "somebody in that kitchen is alive and alert"...!

• Visited September 2012
Billerica, Massachusetts
“Staff was rude and disrespectful to someone with disabilities!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family and I thought we'd try dinner at the Wicked Oyster. Now, while Wellfleet is a huge tourist attraction, we are actually homeowners in town. My father is disabled after breaking his neck in a car accident years ago. He is able to walk with a cane, but with difficulty and often needing to stop for a break. When we entered the restaurant, the staff told us there was going to be approximately a thirty minute wait (although there were many open tables presumably reserved). Since there was no sitting area while waiting, my father asked for a chair since he would be unable to stand for the entire thirty minutes. To all of our surprise, they refused to give him a chair!!! Here's a man with disabilities coming to pay money to eat in your restaurant and you won't give him a chair? Needless to say we left without eating there and will never return. Therefore, I can't tell you about the food because I've never had it. We tell anyone who mentions eating there this story and they refuse to go as well. Rude, disgraceful, and disrespectful are the only words I think of to describe Wicked Oyster.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank KristeneRN
Oakville, Canada
“Couldn't care less about the customer. It's all about them...”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

THe main course special fish was very good -- as it has been everywhere in Wellfleet we've been. Called for reservations. Left a message. They called back and left me a message telling me that my reservation was fine, providing I call back in the next few minutes to confirm, otherwise our table would be given away. I called back, someone answered but didn't identify themselves, and asked me to hold. I held for 2 1/2 minutes, then drove over and arrived at the restaurant while still on hold. There were at least six employees standing there as I stood at the front desk and nobody spoke to me until I asked if I could confirm my reso. They told me the receptionist was busy and would be with me soon. Our reservation was for 8:00 pm. We showed up at 8:05 pm. The receptionist showed up back at her station at 8:12 and told us that they only hold resos for ten minutes -- so too bad. Her tone was rude and condescending. We pointed out we'd been there since 8:05 politely. She said, alright, I have your table. As we ate, there were other tables around us that were never occupied the entire time. Wellfleet oysters were small, substandard, and warm. We told the waitress, and she said she would tell the chef. Nobody adjusted the bill. Service was condescending and it felt like they were slinging hash in an army tent. Service was cursory and lacked caring, hospitality and warmth-- altho it was fast ! The only warmth came with the bill. Why go here when Moby Dick's is just a few minutes away, and Mac's Shack, and JPs family restaurant? The way we were treated made me lose my appetite. I have never written a review this critical. And I'm convinced that, if they ever read it, they won't care. Shame on you.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Julian W
ft lauderdale
“Kind of a let down”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

It is a cool building - an old house, with a tavern next door. The waitress was nice. That's about all the good things I can think of. I tried to like it, but the food was very bland. I had to keep reaching for the salt shaker. I had the striped bass. Very fresh fish, but boring. The fried oyster spinach salad was flavorless. My wife had the scallops...also boring and over cooked. The dessert was also just ok. It wasn't horrible, but there are many better choices on cape cod. I won't return.

• Visited July 2013