“Just Okay! Too Pricey!!”
Review of The Wicked Oyster

The Wicked Oyster
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wicked Oyster is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 48 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I was looking forward to eating here--I love oysters all ways! But it was an underwhelming experience. First--No oyster stew. I got the half dozen Wellfleet oysters and 3 of them were almost non-existent and no taste. There were two other oyster choices-fried on a salad and another fried option. Where we were seated was a non-descript room that used to be a porch. The clam chowder was pasty, very rich with almost no clams. The service was the bright point--excellent! All in all --too much money for mediocre food and atmosphere.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

While we've visited the Wicked Oyster for dinner on previous trips to Wellfleet, we prefer breakfast here. Our party of 8 (including a toddler) was served quickly, and there's something for everyone on the menu — eggs, omelets (including vegetarian choices), pancakes and waffles. My choice was a garden omelet with roasted tomato, pesto, avocado, and goat cheese; I requested 2 vs. 3 eggs (the default size is 3-eggs). Make-your-own omelet is a choice, too, with plenty of options for ingredient additions. The Wicked Oyster is a great spot for breakfast, for the entire family1

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We decided to have one 'fine dining' experience during a recent visit to Wellfleet and made reservations ahead of time (not a bad idea on busy weekends). Waitresses were a bit overwhelmed, but it was the 4th of July weekend and everywhere was crazy busy. If you like lobster, their house preparation is truly wonderful.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The restaurant itself is modest in decor. It was pretty crowded when we went, and the place really packs the people in. The food was good, but fairly expensive. I had an excellent cod fish special of the day, and it was a fair sized portion, but cost $27.00. Also for $27.00, my husband ordered scallops, and only got 5 (yes, five) scallops and some risotto rice for that. He was not satisfied at all. All salads are a la carte and don't come with the entree. Wine was also very expensive. I probably would look for another place to try next time I'm in Wellfleet.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We visit Wellfleet every summer and we always try to make it to the Wicked Oyster for breakfast! The pancakes are to die for, actually you can't go wrong with anything on the breakfast menu. We have never been disappointed. I have never gone for dinner but I'm sure it would be good. The only thing is that it is a little pricey.