“Good breakfast...”
Review of The Wicked Oyster

The Wicked Oyster
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wicked Oyster is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 49 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The breakfast was very good... The breakfast menu was varied and the price was what you would expect for the Cape and this type of restaurant... We were there mid-week, so we were seated right away... Parking is limited, so that could be an issue (we had no issue with parking)... Service was a bit slow...

There are newer reviews for The Wicked Oyster

Reviewed September 8, 2012

My wife, my seventeen-year-old son and I decided to hit the Oystah for breakfast midweek during our Cape stay. I had the french toast (yummy!), while my son had an omelette (so-so) and my wife had cereal with fresh fruit. We sat in the front room of the restaurant. Afterwards each of us mentioned that things seemed very loud -- it was hard to carry on a decent morning conversation. As we left the Oystah our older daughter arrived by bike, saying she wanted breakfast. My wife decided to sit with her. This time, they were seated in the back room of the restaurant. My wife reports that things were quieter and cozier there, and my daughter gave the Oystah a rave review. Choose your room accordingly!

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Went for breakfast with my teenage daughter. She ordered an omelette - flavors were good but too much cheese! It was very dense and large, I thought she wouldn't need to eat until the next day. Potatoes were just okay (tasting like they had been made much earlier). I ordered the huevos rancheros. What?? The eggs came on a huge semi-dry flavored FLOUR tortilla (sacrilege!!!), the beans were good (not traditional, but that's okay). 2 small eggs. I was sort of happy because I wasn't even full (esp compared to my daughter!) afterward and was able to still enjoy lunch that day. i can see they are really trying at breakfast but, with little adjustments, it could be SO much better. The service was great.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Ate here with a group of friends while in Wellfleet and it was an overall good experience. We waited nearly an hour (30 minutes past our reservation) and our service was mediocre. However, the food was delicious for the most part and had excellent presentation. Had the swordfish dish with tofu in place of fish which was delicious. Others had the burgers and lobster tail. Everyone raved about the clam chowder, but felt that the burger, though good, was overpriced for what it was. The lobster tail was overcooked. So it was kind of hit or miss.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We all loved our individual servings. My buttermilk pancakes were soft and fluffy.The request for crisp bacon was right on. The omelets we also fluffy, great spice enhanced. The potatoes were also very tasty and a pleasure to eat. Wonderful service also complemented the experience.