“Fantastic food, reasonably priced”
Review of Finely J P's Restaurant - CLOSED

Finely J P's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I went in April on a Saturday here and was pleasantly surprised that there was no wait considering in the summertime its normally mobbed. I went with 6 people and we had 3 apps, entree each, 2 drinks a piece and 3 desserts and the bill with a 20 percent tip was still a reasonable $320.00.
The apps were amazing, I especially enjoyed the cajun spiced beef and clam cakes... not crab cakes but two good sized clam cakes which were moist and came with an excellent dipping sauce.
The entree's were great, the two best were absolutely the seafood paella and bouillabaisse. The paella was covered with all different types of seafood (mussels, clams, shrimp, scallops etc). The bouillabaisse was huge and the sauce amazing, needed extra bread to sop it all up.
The desserts were good, but nothing to write home about. We got 2 chocolate lava cakes and a lemon cheesecake.

The ambiance was pleasant though a bit dark but our waitress was attentive and very nice. I highly recommend a visit here though be ware of the wait in the summertime.

2  Thank Sburr17
There are newer reviews for Finely J P's Restaurant

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Charming atmosphere, but the star here is the food. I had the pan fried almond crusted sole and my friend had the cod accompanied by a lovely pinot gris, all moderatley priced.
If you're in the Wellfleet area, this is a must-try.

2  Thank Creamcheese68
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Great facilities, good food and service, a change from the typical seafood specialty restaurants

2  Thank Thomas S
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I take my family to Finely JPs for dinner on a regular basis. We find the staff welcoming and friendly;even remembering our "usual" orders. There is no fried food here so my children have had the opportunity to develop a taste for JPs duck. They clean their plates looking forward to the chocolate bomb for dessert. I try as many different entrees as possible. My favorites include Thai Halibut which is just mouth-watering and the sweet potato crusted salmon served on a bed greens. My stomach is growling as I write. Dining here is never a disappointment.

2  Thank Beatsalot
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I have been going to Finely JP's since it opened in 1991 and it just keeps getting better!!!! The waitstaff is so friendly and make you feel very welcome!!!
This particular trip in October to Finely JP's was a 4 course wine dinner and it was FABULOUS!! Not only was the food delicious, the wine each course was paired with was perfection. This event really showed off the chef/owner's talent and creativity.
Finely JP's is like eating at a 5 star restaurant in Boston on a 3 star budget and in beautiful, casual Wellfleet so you have the best of both worlds!!!

2  Thank sunsets2wine