“Great Dinner For All”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Great Dinner For All”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I take my family to Finely JPs for dinner on a regular basis. We find the staff welcoming and friendly;even remembering our "usual" orders. There is no fried food here so my children have had the opportunity to develop a taste for JPs duck. They clean their plates looking forward to the chocolate bomb for dessert. I try as many different entrees as possible. My favorites include Thai Halibut which is just mouth-watering and the sweet potato crusted salmon served on a bed greens. My stomach is growling as I write. Dining here is never a disappointment.

2 Thank Beatsalot

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Finely JP's is like a fine wine and keeps getting better with age!!!!”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I have been going to Finely JP's since it opened in 1991 and it just keeps getting better!!!! The waitstaff is so friendly and make you feel very welcome!!!
This particular trip in October to Finely JP's was a 4 course wine dinner and it was FABULOUS!! Not only was the food delicious, the wine each course was paired with was perfection. This event really showed off the chef/owner's talent and creativity.
Finely JP's is like eating at a 5 star restaurant in Boston on a 3 star budget and in beautiful, casual Wellfleet so you have the best of both worlds!!!

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank sunsets2wine
Moosup, Connecticut
“Expected better based on what we were told.”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Dined there 9/17/11 as part of our anniversary weekend on the Cape. JP's came highly recommended so we were a little let down with the menu selection and the service. While were seated right away it took awhile for the lone waitress to come over to offer specials and take our drink order. While I know it appears to be a mainly seafood restaurant the seafood alternatives were slim.
There was no follow up to check on our meals but the prices were reasonable.
Will try it again on our next trip to see if we just caught them on a bad night....

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Paul393
Miami Beach, Florida
“Apps are great but go no further!”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Pleasant wait staff and hostess,. Appetizers were extremely delicious, leading us to believe the meal would be nothing but spectacular. While the apps were a "10" the meal barely made it to a "5" and was uninspiring along with the "mashed" or should I say "instant" potatoes. The meat was unappealing and not well cooked or seasoned; while the potatoes tasted just like they were instant. We should have stopped right there and cut our losses, but we moved on to the dessert round. Hmmmmm another round we should have skipped.
Looking for a place that serves great Apps? Finely J.P.'s is the spot, but ask for your bill after and find somewhere else to eat your meal.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank eatandreview
Boston, Massachusetts
“Decent upscale option”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Tried recently for the first time and had a good meal. Has a more upscale vibe than many of the seafood places in the area. The food was pretty good and so was the service. I would return.

1 Thank Adam R