“Great for a quick bite”

P.J.'s Family Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 49 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed May 15, 2018 via mobile

The clam chowder was not thick and creamy as one would expect. The steamers were on the large size and mostly tasteless. The lobster roll was quite good though. I was impressed with the training I observed though. The friendliness of the staff is obviously one of the reasons why people return!

Reviewed April 18, 2018

Stopped here for lunch. Wanted to split clams and onion rings. The waitstaff was wonderful. Able to answer our questions on size of the offerings. We ended up with a large fried clam, md. onion ring, md. cole slaw. It was more than enough food for the two of us. The food was also excellent. Would certainly go back.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

We have been stopping off at P.J.s four years. The inside is very clean the food is great and the specials they have are very creative and very good!

I definitely recommend stopping off here whenever you are in Wellfleet. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed October 24, 2017

I’ve eaten at many of the Wellfleet restaurants over the years. In my opinion PJ’s has The Best fried clams of all of them. Steak Fries are hot and not under cooked. Clam chowder is a milk base which many New Englanders prefer over the cream base, thicker kind most often served in restaurants. Other menu items like fried oysters or the clam bake are equally good. I’ve never had one of the lobster rolls as I just can’t get over the price they charge for one, many have said they are really good. I doubt I’ll ever know for myself.

Reviewed October 13, 2017

This was our first clam chowder in New England and it was so good! I thought it was a bit strange that it was more like broth rather than creamy but the taste was rich and enticing. It was packed with clams so it was hearty too.

We weren't all that hungry so we only got fries with the chowder. I wish I had been hungrier because the shakes looked thick and delicious! There are so many menu choices it's kind of hard to decide but we loved what we ended up with.