“Great Lobster Rolls & Fried Clam strips”

P.J.'s Family Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 49 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed September 2, 2014

After driving over 5 hours to Cape Cod on Labor Day Weekend, we stopped at PJ's for some lobster rolls and fried clam strips! The place was packed around lunchtime and the parking lot was full, but with a little patience we managed to get a spot and find a picnic table outside to enjoy our well deserved meal. It's a casual place to eat and we loved it! Definitely a spot to go to for food in Wellfleet.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

Dated interior and not as clean as it should be. Ordered a simple grilled ham and cheese sandwich. The ham was cheap canned ham, very thinly sliced and only a few slices. Also very little cheese. Then they burnt the bread, on two sandwiches! Limited choice of resturants in that area of Cape Cod, but I would go down the road and try someplace else.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

My family and I have been visiting Wellfleet for almost ten years and we always make a visit to PJ's. I think the fried clam strips are excellent. They are tender and fresh. We also like the clam chowder. If you like a thick clam chowder, this is not the chowder for you. If you are one of the believers that clam chowder should NOT be thick, then you should come to PJ's. It is flavorful and full of clams. I prefer a thicker clam chowder (try The Bookstore near the wharf in Wellfleet), but I can not deny that this chowder was delicious. We also tried the fish tacos and, of all things, their fried chicken. The tacos were fresh and seasoned well. The chicken was also rather tasty. It is a friendly atmosphere with good food.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Great place for a quick soft serve ice cream after dinner. I have never eaten there but the fried clams smell delicious. Lots of seating and good family atmosphere.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

PJ's is the best place for fried clams (fried anything for that matter) in Wellfleet. My husband and I shared a big plate of whole belly clams. We asked for a salad, instead of fries (it is all about the fried clams anyway, isn't it?) and it was no problem. Dinner also came with a roll and a small cup of tasty coleslaw. It was plenty of food for the two of us. What I appreciate about PJ's is its consistency--it's not a fine dining experience, but it's clean, the food is always good, and no matter how crowded it is, you don't wait on an endless line.