“Dinner at PJ's”

Ranked #8 of 48 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed September 24, 2012

On 9/13/12, our last night at the Cape we went to PJ’s for dinner. I had their broiled scallops – they were great. I got corn on the cob, instead of baked potato. My wife and I split a lobster roll – it was great. My wife had the fish and chips and my brother had the fried oysters. We all shared – all of it was great. Our family has called Wellfleet a second home for close to 50 years – and PJ’s has been there since 1971. I’ve eaten here many times over the years and have always had good food. FYI – food at the Cape can be pricey – their money making season typically runs from Memorial Day to Columbus Day.

Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Pretty expansive menu to please most people in your party. Cod and salmon were great - if only the girl taking our order were a little nicer, would've had a better experience.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Been stopping here every year for years and it still never disappoints! Great chowder, clam strips, lobster rolls, lobster chowder (not bisque), homemade potato salad, and i can go on and on. They also have great ice cream treats! This place is always busy, but dont let the amount of people in the lot or sitting outside scare you away.....they are QUICK! As a matter of fact, i have never waited more than 5-10 minutes for food. 2 thumbs up for sure!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is our favorite place to get fried seafood on the lower Cape. The fried clams and oysters are fresh, crispy, not greasy. The "plates" are very generous, with more than enough to eat. Good fries and coleslaw too (although I wish they gave you more). We've been coming here for over 20 years. Its been consistently good. There is indoor and outdoor dining. Even on very busy summer nights, you can usually get your food in about 20 minutes and sit at a table. There is no waitress service. Just go to the window and order. They also have a variety of other non-fried sea foods like sword fish and lobster. The lobster salad roles looked delicious and very generous (I'll get one next time I go). There are also a variety of non-seafood items. They also have a nice selection of hard and soft ice creams to end the meal. A great place to take the whole family!

Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Everything was great! The lobster roll was to die for and the lobster chowder was great too. I'm glad we ate there.