“Good, fresh seafood”

Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Closed for the winter. See you May 2017 When we first opened Moby Dick’s in ‘83, we had no idea we’d become an establishment on Cape Cod. We simply wanted to start a BYOB restaurant that had fresh seafood, a relaxed environment, and a friendly staff that would make people feel at home. Well, three decades later, we’re still doing exactly that, opening every season in May to the delight of locals and visitors alike. Some people stop in for our lobster rolls while others come for an old-fashioned bucket of steamers. But everyone knows they can come to us for fresh family fun and a dining experience in Wellfleet they'll never forget.
Fort Wayne, IN
“Good, fresh seafood”
Reviewed September 29, 2009

We were here just last night for dinner and found the food good. Have been to Moby Dick's before and it was good then, but that was years ago. We put our order in, then waited for the staff to bring it out- took a bit, but we had a party of five. When the food arrived it was piping hot. The fried cod flaked apart and was lightly battered, as were the scallops, and fries were good, too. Nothing was greasy at all, and tasted really fresh- they obviously change the frying oil often. When we were there my preteen kids were the only ones in the place that night. The owner spoke to all the customers and wait staff was pleasant, BUT keep in mind, we were there on a Monday night in the shoulder season, so they had the time for a little chitchat. I was surprised to read all the negative reviews since my mom loves this place- she has spent a month here every year for ten years and loves it. Based on our experience, I would go back without hesitation.

1 Thank tarb68

• Korean first
rhode island
“Average”
Reviewed September 22, 2009

Ordered Lobster Rolls to go,as place had no discernable atmosphere,and we could eat on our deck with an ocean view.Seemed to be havin' a bit of trouble in the kitchen,as the head cook was constantly loudly berating his apprentice,anyhooo,Lobster rolls were OK,nothing of note good or bad to say about them,had better,had worse.

10 Thank nitroae23
MAssachusetts
“First time will return”
Reviewed September 17, 2009

Our first visit to Moby's Dick was this past week. We had to order our selection from the posted menus on the wall. I asked if I could substitute one to the side orders with my baked fish and they had no problems giving me what I wanted . My husband ordered the whole belly clams and got a full plate of tender clams.
The place is casual and many families were there. The food was good and brought out to us in a short period of time. We will go back there on our next trip to the Cape.

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great fried oysters”
Reviewed September 13, 2009

We stopped in for dinner on a Wednesday evening. You order at the front, then take a seat and they bring the food to you. We sat up the stairs in the screened in area. My wife had the fried oysters and said they were delicious. There were so many that she took 5 of them in the box for a snack the next day. I ordered the only vegetarian entree, a veggie burger. It was served by itself on a bland, tasteless bun. No lettuce or tomato, just two wilted pickle slices on the side. For $7, one would expect maybe cole slaw or fries, but neither was included. Fortunately, my wife's entree came with enough fries for two. Service was attentive, and the owner even stopped by tables to talk and even to do some cleanup. View over the water was nice as we watched the sunset.

9 Thank DragonboatFL
Utica, NY
“Just OK”
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Food was expensive for what it was..seating area was nice, but not air conditioned and very uncomfortable. I would not go back again...It was over $50 for a couple seafood sandwiches, drinks, soup..I think there are better deals out there.

11 Thank kamberk29