“YUM Yum yum yum yum”
Review of Moby Dick's

Moby Dick's
Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Cuisines: American, Soups, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Closed for the winter. See you May 2017 When we first opened Moby Dick’s in ‘83, we had no idea we’d become an establishment on Cape Cod. We simply wanted to start a BYOB restaurant that had fresh seafood, a relaxed environment, and a friendly staff that would make people feel at home. Well, three decades later, we’re still doing exactly that, opening every season in May to the delight of locals and visitors alike. Some people stop in for our lobster rolls while others come for an old-fashioned bucket of steamers. But everyone knows they can come to us for fresh family fun and a dining experience in Wellfleet they'll never forget.
Colorado
“YUM Yum yum yum yum”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Fabulous food! I loved their crab cakes so much we went back and I had them again. Good clam chowder, wonderful baked cod, excellent boiled lobster. Platters come with baked potato and corn on the cob but you can swap them for other sides, like steamed broccoli. Laid back atmosphere, you order and seat yourself then they bring your food to your table. Super friendly staff as well. I love that restaurant!!

• Visited June 2014
MobyDicks33, Owner at Moby Dick's, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Wow! Thank you for your enthusiastic and wonderful comments. Very much appreciated!

South Hadley, Massachusetts
“Repeat Visit”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Have been to this great restaurant quite a few times. It still never disappoints. The quality and quantity is just what I look for when traveling. The meals are well presented by a staff of friendly servers who have your enjoyment foremost in their mind. I'm not sure how the owners manage to hire such great staff year after year. They do take their business seriously as they are on site making sure everyone is happy. If you go to P town for the day make sure you stop in on your way back. They are open for lunch also.

Visited June 2014
MobyDicks33, Owner at Moby Dick's, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for your message. We really appreciate your comments about our staff - they are truly our best asset!
“Absolutely wonderful experience!!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

The food was delicious. My husband had the cod and I had a chicken sandwich and we split the Cape Cod salad, all of which were great. The staff was attentive and friendly. The owner was around and talking with the guests. We asked him questions about the restaurant and he sat with us and chatted for a bit. You can tell he takes great pride in his work. We are very pleased with our decision to eat here and would definitely recommend it!

2 Thank laurwoly
MobyDicks33, Owner at Moby Dick's, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for your very kind comments!
Kankakee, Illinois
“Best Sea Food of my Vacation”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I had a fried scallop sandwich, and my mom had fried oysters. Both were excellent, hot and delicious. Service was friendly and fast.

Visited June 2014
MobyDicks33, Owner at Moby Dick's, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for your comments!
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
“Rotten Lobster roll”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

About 2/3 the way through a lobster roll,without warningI bit into a rotten piece of lobster meat and was overcome by the smell of rot. I excused myself from the table and was immediately ill. The waiter quickly arrived at our table, snatched up my lobster roll and promptly told me it was impossible that anything was spoiled because of how quickly they go through lobster. I simply wanted to make sure others weren't sick from the lobster salad, but given the hush-hush response, I'm sure others were also affected. Our money for my lobster roll was refunded but the waiter still insisted nothing was wrong with my food. I guess I should've asked for his assistance in the restroom?! I was ill for the next 24 hours. Not sure when I'll be up to eating lobster again.

• Visited June 2014
6 Thank DrJim2
MobyDicks33, Owner at Moby Dick's, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
DrJim2, I am sorry you had a bad experience at our restaurant. Lobster rolls are one of our most popular items and we sell many of them every day. We closely track our numbers and prepare only the amount of lobster meat we will need for that specific day. While I feel badly, it is very difficult for me to understand how you possibly could have had a lobster roll such as you describe. Sincerely, Todd Barry