“Great!”

Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Closed for the winter. See you May 2017 When we first opened Moby Dick’s in ‘83, we had no idea we’d become an establishment on Cape Cod. We simply wanted to start a BYOB restaurant that had fresh seafood, a relaxed environment, and a friendly staff that would make people feel at home. Well, three decades later, we’re still doing exactly that, opening every season in May to the delight of locals and visitors alike. Some people stop in for our lobster rolls while others come for an old-fashioned bucket of steamers. But everyone knows they can come to us for fresh family fun and a dining experience in Wellfleet they'll never forget.
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stopped by on our way back from some of the National Seashore Beaches. Wasn't sure what to expect, but we were very pleased with what we received! The BEST fried scallops I have ever had! They weren't breaded, just a light flour coating. Very sweet and extremely tasty. Would head that way again, no question. The guys had fried clam strips and they were also very tasty and not overly breaded. :-)

1  Thank Scullydog
Write a ReviewReviews (1,243)

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Went to dinner with the family last evening. We make this journey every year regardless where we are staying on the cape. The food is always fresh, delicious and plentiful. The owner's seem to be there all the time over seeing everything with a definite eye on customer satisfaction. This year we were staying in Yarmouth so it was a bit of a drive but well worth it as usual.

We will be back again next year!

2  Thank klfitzpatrick
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stopped at Moby Dicks on my way to Provincetown for a quick dinner. Since I have Celiac Disease I of course did my research before planning this trip. I heard Moby Dicks had some gluten-free options however I was not expecting a whole GF menu! I had my first lobster roll on a GF bun (I think it was Udi's) and it was AMAZING. It was fresh and served with a baked potato and coleslaw. I couldn't have been anymore pleased. I will definitely be stopping there on my trip next year.

1  Thank SSFernandez
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We are annual visitors to Cape Cod...each year celebrating our family vacation with a meal at Moby Dicks! The restaurant is clean and inviting. The wait is minimal. The owners are always visible and make sure everyone has an enjoyable meal, by making a quick visit to each table. The staff is willing and friendly. The fare is the freshest on the Cape, in this consumer's opinion. Prices are reasonable, when considering the quality of the food. We've been to Moby's Dick's each year for over 10 years and have not had one complaint.

2  Thank Libb1968
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We went in with a large party and they did not have any problems in seating us. It is an interesting format. You wait in line, they hand you menus as you approach the entrance, order at the registers, and they seat you at picnic indoor picnic tables and deliver your food. the clam chowder was cold and the shish-ka-bob vegies were hard. We had a variety of meals which ranged from average to good, nothing exceptional. A little pricey for what you get. Probably will not return.