“Best Casual Seafood Restaurant on the Outer Cape”
Review of Moby Dick's

Moby Dick's
Ranked #2 of 46 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Closed for the winter. See you May 2017 When we first opened Moby Dick’s in ‘83, we had no idea we’d become an establishment on Cape Cod. We simply wanted to start a BYOB restaurant that had fresh seafood, a relaxed environment, and a friendly staff that would make people feel at home. Well, three decades later, we’re still doing exactly that, opening every season in May to the delight of locals and visitors alike. Some people stop in for our lobster rolls while others come for an old-fashioned bucket of steamers. But everyone knows they can come to us for fresh family fun and a dining experience in Wellfleet they'll never forget.
Eastham, Massachusetts
“Best Casual Seafood Restaurant on the Outer Cape”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We love Moby's!! I passed Moby Dick's many, many times on my way to P'town and never stopped until one day a few years ago a friend from Wellfleet said, "You'll like it!!" Now I really prefer to go no where else. The food is always fresh, carefully prepared, and delicious. There are many broiled options in addition to the traditional and yummy fried clams, scallops, and oysters. Sides are wonderfully fresh veggies and great fries; boiled lobster, lobster rolls, and steamers are always the best! Many times there are lunch and dinner specials, too. The service at Moby's is exceptional. The wait staff comes from many places in the world--so it's fun to talk with them. In addition, they are incredibly well-trained, polite, and attentive. The owners are always on site and will become your friends if you eat there often enough. Prices are very reasonable and you will need to bring your own beer and wine--making dinner there even more of a bargain. Every new opening day brings even greater amenities to an already meticulously clean and attractive restaurant. Don't miss out because of negative reviews. I'm sure you'll love Moby Dick's too!!

MobyDicks33, Owner at Moby Dick's, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Locketwestie, Thank you for your very kind words!

Rocky Mountains
“Don't. Go. There.”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Bought a lobster roll this morning. The lobster meat smelled bad, the consistency of the meat showed it was very old - about to disintegrate. Took a tiny bit in my mouth, spit it out immediately, ate a cereal bar instead.

How can a seafood place get away with endangering their customers? Worst "lobster roll" experience ever - $19.25 down the drain.

The owner seems to like to respond to negative comments. How about ensuring that your food is safe for consumption instead of hanging out on the net?

6 Thank flying_about
MobyDicks33, Owner at Moby Dick's, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Flying_About,
I am very sorry that you were disappointed with your meal. I wish you had contacted me, my wife, or any member of our staff. We would have fixed the problem immediately and made sure that you left satisfied.
With all due respect I do not "hang" on the internet. I do believe that anyone who dines in our establishment and takes the time to write a review deserves the consideration of an acknowledgement and maybe a comment or two.
Very sincerely, Todd Barry Very proud owner of Moby Dick's
Havertown, Pennsylvania
“On the way to Provincetown, and hungry...”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

What a wonderful lunch we had at Moby Dick's today on our way to Provincetown! We decided to try the lobster roll (my first EVER) and broiled scallops meals, both were FABULOUS! I had a wonderful Caesar salad in place of french fries. Seafood was so fresh and delicious, and seasoned just right! The salad was very ample for 2 of us to share, for a small additional price, and the vegetables were perfectly done.

The owner (I presume) was very friendly and gave us information about sites in the area, and directions to get there. She came around to check on us through the meal to see how we were doing. It was a very friendly place and we would like to go back again to see them during our visit to the Cape.

Thanks, Moby Dicks, for the great lunch and warm welcome to these 2 Pa. visitors.

MobyDicks33, Owner at Moby Dick's, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Rebe K, Thank you for your comments! We are very happy that you enjoyed your first lobster roll. We use the finest tail and claw meat from hardshell lobsters. And we only prepare what we are going to use that day! We hope we'll see you at Mobys again in the near future!
Eastham, Massachusetts
“Di”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is an awesome place...like having dinner with family. I go every year to open the place in May and when they close on Oct. It is a tradition. I eat here often and am vegetarian and have plenty of options. The food is always consistent, the staff friendly, and Todd will always tell you his favorite jokes. Plus, we can bring our own beer and wine. What could be better? Try it, you will love it.

MobyDicks33, Owner at Moby Dick's, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Diane, Thank you for your review and for your very kind words! We appreciate it very much!
Berlin, Maryland
“great food, glad we stopped here!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Not your traditional restaurant, order at the counter and they bring it to you. But the food was wonderful! I had my first ever lobster roll here- SO GOOD.
Definately a good choice!

MobyDicks33, Owner at Moby Dick's, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
ThaShark, Thank you for your comments. It is really nice to hear that your Aunt enjoyed coming to Mobys and that she brought her family here. Your review made my day. Thank you so much!