“Great atmosphere”

Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Closed for the winter. See you May 2017 When we first opened Moby Dick’s in ‘83, we had no idea we’d become an establishment on Cape Cod. We simply wanted to start a BYOB restaurant that had fresh seafood, a relaxed environment, and a friendly staff that would make people feel at home. Well, three decades later, we’re still doing exactly that, opening every season in May to the delight of locals and visitors alike. Some people stop in for our lobster rolls while others come for an old-fashioned bucket of steamers. But everyone knows they can come to us for fresh family fun and a dining experience in Wellfleet they'll never forget.
Reviewed September 8, 2012

It was a long wait, but it is such a fun and great environment inside with tons of great choices for food. Staff was super friendly and we were a large group and appreciated that they would split our checks for us. Great food!

MobyDicks33, Owner at Moby Dick's, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for describing us as "fun and a great environment". We are a simple clam shack and want you to have an awesome experience! Thanks again for your kind words.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,243)

Reviewed September 4, 2012

where should I begin? the lobsters were great, the kids meals were much better than usual. they were very accomodating. substituted veggies and apples for fries for the kids. when I couldn't crack my lobster, they took it back to the kitchen and did it for me! did i mention that it was BYOB? don't miss the lobster bisque! a few hints: you get in line (and it moves quickly) and when you get to the front, you must have everyone in your party there and ready to order. then you pay for your dinners and are seated and served shortly thereafter. try to be seated in the upstairs screened in room. the room downstairs is a little small and dark! loved it and can't wait to go back next year!

MobyDicks33, Owner at Moby Dick's, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you for your review and nice comments. I am also pleased that you were happy with our kids menu. We have tried to add some variety and healthy options. Would you have any suggestions? Thank you again!

Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

This place was delicious. Great environment. They have a great variety of local seafood. I had the seafood kabob and it was delicious. You are definitely in for a 'whale of a meal.'

MobyDicks33, Owner at Moby Dick's, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you for your very kind comments!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We went to Moby Dicks for daughter's 15th birthday! LOOOONG lines to enter, however they move fast. Food was good and the service was fast. The best idea was bYOB (bring you own beverage). Would go again.

Thank you for your visit and for wring a review. We are very pleased that you had a great experience and that you will return in the future!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I'm a vegetarian so can't comment about the sea food. My veggie burger was meh. My pescatarian family, however, DEVOURED everything in sight, so obviously enjoyed their various fried fishlings. I am writing to praise the tartar sauce and cole slaw, the best I've ever tasted, I could not stop eating either, I was stealing off people's plates with my french fries and they were doing the same to me. So delicious, and we loved the casual beach atmosphere of the place. Well worth it and very reasonably priced.

MobyDicks33, Owner at Moby Dick's, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you for your review. Our veggie burgers are Gardenburgers. Any suggestions as to how we can improve? Thank you for your enthusiastic comments. They are very much appreciated!