“Great, very large beach bar with pretty decent food and drinks!”

Wellfleet Beachcomber
Ranked #11 of 46 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great, very large beach bar with pretty decent food and drinks!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2009

Can't believe I have never been here! This place is tucked away right on the beach in Wellfleet! It looks like something out of the Carribean! It has a large outside beach bar that stretches all the way down the backside. The inside is huge and has another bar and seating but moves it out for a dance floor and pretty cool live acts! The drinks are inventive here and the menu hasca collection of sandwiches, apps and seafood dinners. The food is actually pretty good. Nothing fancy but hits the spot! The service is fast and friendly and knows what they are doing! I will return to this joint and I can. Imagine it gets quite crowded in the summer! Awesome stuffff!!!

1 Thank lip89

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Good atmosphere, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2008

I was going to review this place positively anyway, but now that I've seen the negative comment about the staff below, I'll start by saying we had some of the best service in our 3 weeks in the States. I wish I'd noted our waitress's name, as she was friendly, relaxed and knowledgeable without being over-effusive and intrusive - a rare combination. In the UK you get too little commitment; in the US, sometimes too much.

Of course this is not haute cuisine - it's a beachside bar and restaurant. But the setting is great, there's a good laid back atmosphere and some quite good seafood too. So of its kind, I'd give it a high rating.

1 Thank Nigelinleicester
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great place to grab a cold margarita and some fried clams after a day at the beach.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2008

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Denver, Colorado
“Fun for a night out on the beach”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2008

I spent a weekend in the cape and ate here with a huge group of people.
We waited over an hour for a table. Granted, it was a large party and on a Friday night, but after a wait like that I expected something a little more....

The place was very crowded and insanely loud, which is fine if I were going for a bar atmosphere. Also, like people already mentioned, you do not get actual glasses or dishes. I was served a corona in a can with a plastic cup. I felt like I was at a college party.

The food was average and took a very long time for what it was. I ordered a greek salad, and it turned out to be a garden salad with feta cheese. The olives weren't even Greek or kalamata, but plain, black olives. For the prices, I found this all pretty disappointing.

Overall, I was pretty disappointed in this experience. I'm sure it would've been better if I was with a group of friends for a night out at the bar, or if we had dined outside, but for a first dinner on the Cape with friends, this was not really the place to go.

1 Thank Malphaba
Belmont, MA
“The rudest group of workers ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2008

This place sucks! The staff is quite possibly the rudest group of people on the cape. The food is all fried and terrible, and the music stinks. This place is a serious waste of money!

I can't stress enough how absolutely horrible the staff is and how terrible entire experience is.

3 Thank reby1975