“First timer”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Springfield, Massachusetts
“First timer”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Had to check this place out, we had heard so much about it. Arrived around 1pm on a Sunday, we were able to park in the Beachcombers lot which was pretty full. An attendent collects 20 bucks from you before you park, and gives you a voucher worth that for food, or swag inside the resturant. We were able to get a couple of drinks quickly as the place wasnt too full, most folks were outside on the large deck where they have a bar and some tables. We checked out the place, and then took the walk down the dune ramp to the beach. Not a very good review because we didnt eat here, but the atmosphere was great! and we will try to get back here next year. everyone we talked to said that the food was decent, but the draw was the beach and the fun crowd. We'll be back!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Jim D

“Gotta Love It!”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I have to get here at least once a summer. There is no better after beach bar on the planet! Good food. Good drink. Great service! Great raw bar! Great atmosphere! Been coming here for years and will continue my pilgrimage as it never disappoints! Did I mention the beach is right there? AWESOME!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank JoeCerretani
Clifton Park, New York
“Come for the view”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

This place is crazy! You can barely move outside, but this place is right on the water. It's definitely worth a trip for a change in scenery. You must have patience if you want to go inside this restaurant.

My boyfriend and I just came here for drinks. Service wasn't too impressive but they were also mobbed so I don't blame them completely. Drinks were okay. We didn't order food but food looked decent judging by what our neighbors ordered. The view from the bar area was pretty nice.

This seems like a fun place to go when you're looking to party or for a nice walk on the beach. They are essentially on a sand cliff, but they have a sand pathway that walks you down to a BEAUTIFUL part of the beach.

• Visited August 2014
“Raw bar”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

There are always crowds but it is worth it. The raw bar is outstanding. Beyond the oysters and little necks, get the seared tuna. I think it is my favorite dish in Wellfleet. The fried clams and fish sandwiches are both terrific as well.

Visited August 2014
Ardsley, New York
“Daytime rainy day visit”
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

We figured it might not be as mobbed as usual so we'd give it a shot on a chilly, rainy Wednesday for a super-casual, late lunch. And we still waited 30+ minutes.

Was not expecting or looking for gourmet, and did not get it! Chicken tenders and clam strips were well-fried and tender, but I'll admit a little disappointment with sealed mini-tubs of Kraft tartar sauce and honey mustard on the plates. Nachos were ok, but just ok. Our cups of chowder were just what I was looking for on a day like today - thick, creamy, plenty of clams. My son scarfed his Caesar salad (go figure).

On a side note...While we didn't order one, I found it odd that so many seafood entrees (even fried) were served in a tortilla "basket".

Hey - I know it's a staple and a don't-miss in the area; just set your expectations and all will be well. Staff was friendly and helpful. Plus, it seems like it would be a fun place in the evenings with live music.