“Good atmosphere, good service”

Wellfleet Beachcomber
Ranked #11 of 46 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Good atmosphere, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2008

I was going to review this place positively anyway, but now that I've seen the negative comment about the staff below, I'll start by saying we had some of the best service in our 3 weeks in the States. I wish I'd noted our waitress's name, as she was friendly, relaxed and knowledgeable without being over-effusive and intrusive - a rare combination. In the UK you get too little commitment; in the US, sometimes too much.

Of course this is not haute cuisine - it's a beachside bar and restaurant. But the setting is great, there's a good laid back atmosphere and some quite good seafood too. So of its kind, I'd give it a high rating.

1 Thank Nigelinleicester

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great place to grab a cold margarita and some fried clams after a day at the beach.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2008

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Denver, Colorado
“Fun for a night out on the beach”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2008

I spent a weekend in the cape and ate here with a huge group of people.
We waited over an hour for a table. Granted, it was a large party and on a Friday night, but after a wait like that I expected something a little more....

The place was very crowded and insanely loud, which is fine if I were going for a bar atmosphere. Also, like people already mentioned, you do not get actual glasses or dishes. I was served a corona in a can with a plastic cup. I felt like I was at a college party.

The food was average and took a very long time for what it was. I ordered a greek salad, and it turned out to be a garden salad with feta cheese. The olives weren't even Greek or kalamata, but plain, black olives. For the prices, I found this all pretty disappointing.

Overall, I was pretty disappointed in this experience. I'm sure it would've been better if I was with a group of friends for a night out at the bar, or if we had dined outside, but for a first dinner on the Cape with friends, this was not really the place to go.

1 Thank Malphaba
Belmont, MA
“The rudest group of workers ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2008

This place sucks! The staff is quite possibly the rudest group of people on the cape. The food is all fried and terrible, and the music stinks. This place is a serious waste of money!

I can't stress enough how absolutely horrible the staff is and how terrible entire experience is.

3 Thank reby1975
Boston, MA
“Good outdoor bar -- OK food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2008

Went for dinner with our 2 kids. Wait was short, which was nice for a summer weeknight. Servers were very friendly and accomodating. View is great. Food, which is assorted fried food, boboli pizzas, and other bar items, was decent...but a lot of it tasted like it came right off the Sysco truck (e.g. the coleslaw). Drinks were OK, but served in plastic cups.

Worth a trip -- but nothing great. It's really about the view and the beach -- which is certainly better than competing places on Route 6.

2 Thank bevnet