“Great Healthy Lunch”

Sunbird
Ranked #34 of 48 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The cart parked in a parking lot is worth the stop. We have been driving by meaning to stop for some time and finally had lunch there on a Sunday afternoon. Picnic tables and Adirondack Chairs sit near a perennial garden to eat after you order at the window of a trailer. I had a salad with a fried egg on to that was fabulous. The Porchetta sandwich and the fish tacos were also excellent. The menu changes with the season to provide fresh food. We will definitely go back!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We spotted this place on the roadside of Highway 6 on the way to Provincetown and decided to give it a try. It's basically an organic food truck that is semi-permanent. Everything about this place is great. It's like a combination garden, art gallery and food truck. We got the fish tacos and a side order of chick peas. Everything was extremely fresh and delicious. From our outdoor table we could see them slicing the fish and preparing it. I'm kinda' of a fish taco nut and I've eaten them everywhere. This was one of the best I've ever had. You could taste how fresh the ingredients were. It was well worth the $10.95 for the 2 tacos. The whole experience was good for us. I thought the staff was great too. It is worth the drive out of P-Town for this food and definitely worth stopping if you are already on the road. They don't serve beer so try the organic ginger beer instead. There's no view except for the view of Highway 6 but the flower garden next to the outdoor seating is very nice.

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

If you see this food truck you need to stop! Great fish taco. Picnic tables. Herb garden. Delicious food. Friendly owners. Check them out!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very good, interesting, mostly vegetarian food made on the spot for your order...you'll get just the amount you should eat for lunch...all fresh ingredients...lovely, casual outdoor seating with good sunshades. Not cheap, probably not for kids.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stopped on a whim on a rainy weekend morning...had just $5 in my pocket. Looking over the menu of fresh and local offerings I wished that I had a few more dollars! The polenta with wild mushroom ragu and roasted grapes was amazingly delicious and satisfying. Perfectly prepared with fresh herbs hitting just the right note. Can't wait for next season.