“They thought of Everything”

Even’tide Resort Motel and Cottages
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Wellfleet
Derry, New Hampshire
“They thought of Everything”
Reviewed August 16, 2010

My wife and I had not been on a vacation in two years. We have been to the Wellfleet/Truro area around 3 years ago. TripAdvisor is my usual source of travel information, however, you never know what to really expect.

I am happy to report that TripAdvisor recommendations were quite accurate, our actual experience was higher than expected rating on a few things.

The Owners and staff were excellent, honest, caring.

The Tern Cottage we stayed in was cozy but well thought out. The kitchen had everything you could think of in it. Nothing was shabby.

We quickly developed a routine of cooking breakfast in the kitchen, going to the beach, going for a walk or bike ride, going shopping, coming back. You can find all you need in a 5 mile radius.

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Montreal
Reviewed August 9, 2010

This was our second visit to Wellfleet and the Even'tide Motel. It was even more wonderful than our first trip. The owners of this motel are extremely friendly and helpful and gave us innumerable tips and directions to our Cape Cod destinations. The facilities were well-maintained and clean. Both my children enjoyed the playground and the pool very much.
The room we stayed in was on the first floor of the motel and it is described as such: One Bedroom Suite with separate sitting room (sleeps 6). This was perfect for our family of four. We had 2 queen beds and a separate sitting room, with a couch and a second T.V. When the children went to bed we could close the door to the bedroom and talk or watch T.V. without disturbing them. This is priceless when travelling with small kids who go to bed early and take naps.
We had a microwave and mini-fridge in our room which we used to keep our food staples, since eating out can get expensive on Cape Cod.
Wellfleet has beautiful beaches and the motel is just steps away from the bike trail. There are great restaurants in the area and tons of activities to satisfy the whole family.
I highly recommend the Even'tide Motel and Wellfleet as a great destination for a great summer vacation.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank petra23Montreal
Preston, Connecticut
Reviewed July 19, 2010

We spent the week of June 27 2010 in a 4 bedroom cottage, the Kingfisher. Although the cottage was '70s in decor, it had everything we needed, including a washer and dryer, dishwasher, air conditioning, tv and dvd, etc. We had 5 children in our party ranging from 2 to 13 years and each of them loved the location. The indoor pool is a big plus and the playground and outdoor games were also favorites for all of us. The owners and staff were wonderful and helpful with dining tips and other information. We are looking forward to going back to the Eventide again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Washington DC
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Service: They did everything they could. Ideas of what to do, where to eat. Pleasant staff. Fixed little problem with room right away. Free coffee/tea in room and in lobby. No breakfast. But a nice indoor pool guarantees you a daily swim. They also loan chairs, towels and umbrellas for the beach. Parking at area beaches can get expensive, so be sure to ask them how to deal with it.
Location: On the ocean side of Rt 6 in So. Wellfleet near the drive-in movie/flea market. It is on a large piece of land so the buildings are well back from the road and you don't hear the traffic. Great beaches: Ocean, Bay, Ponds. National Seashore. Audubon Society Preserve. Best restaurants on the Cape. Bike trails. Good selection of Art Galleries. Large Harbor. Even a hardware store.
Rooms: This is a low cost (for the Cape) motel. Up a flight of stairs for some rooms. Window A/C. Motel-style sheets and towels. Comfortable bed and a good shower. If you need luxury, stay at the Chatham Bars Inn for 4 times the price. They also have a few cottages for larger families, with cooking facilities.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank DCtravelfolks
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Rare to return to a place and have treasured memories renewed and enhanced. That is what happened at Eventide. Years ago we found this delightful retreat on our first visit to the Cape. We stayed a number of nights in this welcoming and comfortable place nestled just off Route 6.
This year we returned and found that our memories had not embellished the reality. Our hosts we welcoming and thoughtful with spot on recommendations for food and activities.
Anyone who wishes to get away from home while feeling at home would savor a stay at the Eventide.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank johnfjohnston
Two Harbors
Reviewed May 12, 2010

We pulled up to the hotel, to see some college aged kids sipping beer, and typing away on laptops. I walked inside and was immediately greeted by a kind woman with long blonde hair, and a gentleman behind the desk. I asked about rates, and right away she asked to show me a room. I said SURE! lead the way. Right away a huge welcome and selling point. Saw the spacious room, and was sold. The rate was fairly decent for the amount of space given, n yes!!!! finally a pool. We had eaten at a GREAT! seafood restaurant before that and we are so glad we took his advice on where to stay, and hang out. They put my mom, aunt, and i as far away from the younger student types as possible, per our request. I had the whole pool to myself. All 9 ft deep of it. HUGE bonus to find a pool that doesn't end when it gets up to my neck. Easy wifi, and net access. Fun walking trails, and toys to play with along the way. If I had younger kids, I knew that this hotel would've suited ANYONE, of ANY! age. But I was sold on the pool. Our room was quiet, and peaceful. I stayed on the couch n didn't even need to pull it out, because it was so spacious. I slept beautifully, and had a great shower. The sun was out, and opening the shade and seeing the green was lovely. I didn't want to leave. Having chatted with Lisa for a couple hours the previous night, and enjoying the friendliness and joking with the owner......I was sad to leave. It was the best time I had the whole trip. Kinda lonely travelling with mom and aunt, and they brought me back to life. A restful port in our 2 week mega trip. I already want to return to Eventide and see Bob, Lisa, and swim in that pool when it's warmer out. Due to the whole experience, I was happily surprised that I found no snobby, rude, stereo-types like I thought I would. *happy sigh* Bob and his wife are so down to earth! Great owners that are actually involved in their business. VERY! much like people from home.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Vermont
Reviewed March 13, 2010

Even'tide has a wonderful family feel to it - our son is excited that we will be returning to Even'tide in July - this time staying in one of the cottages. He remembers learning to swim in Even'tide's indoor pool early one morning before we went to the beach, as well as his dad reading to him the first of the Harry Potter novels while they were relaxing in the hammock outside of our motel room.
Even'tide is located just minutes from the beach by car or bike. The bike path was very convenient, lending itself to evening rides to a nearby ice cream stand and easy, fun rides to the surrounding area. The owners made us feel welcome right away and there's a friendly voice on the other end of the phone when you make your cottage reservation... :)

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellfleet
Harbor Hotel Provincetown
#5 of 9 in Eastham
Southfleet Motor Inn
Southfleet Motor Inn
#3 of 4 in Wellfleet

Been to Even’tide Resort Motel and Cottages? Share your experiences!