“Convenient and comfortable”

Even’tide Resort Motel and Cottages
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Wellfleet
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Great place to stay in Wellfleet MA, Cape Cod. The best ocean side beaches are very close, and the bike trail is right behind the motel. Clean and comfortable with a beautiful pool. Wonderful restaurants nearby and a drive in movie theater. Great for families or couples.

Room Tip: two room suites available for families are great. separate tv/bedroom
There are newer reviews for Even’tide Resort Motel and Cottages

Reviewed August 4, 2014

I can't say enough good things about Eventide. We spent 5 nights in the apt above the main building, and it was great. Very clean, comfortable and large, larger than we expected. Most of all, though, the staff were amazing. We had all kinds of requests and they were able to help us with all of them,
including finding a very nice babysitter, lending us
equipment for the beach and other things. Fantastic stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank parisusaparis
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Before selecting this location I read all of the reviews. I have been to the cape many times over the years. I wanted to try this place because it was voted "best of the cape".

There was some confusion when I paid in advance - I was double charged which can happen. It took a week to resolve. When we arrived, to my suprise, the room was ready which was wonderful! It was very small, and there was a strange smell. The owner was pleasant. None of the staff that I encountered were particularly engaging. I guess when you go on vacation you want everyone else to be as happy as you are!

Location was good. It was very clean. I would not stay again though I am afraid. I had better experiences at other places in Wellfleet for a few dollars more.

In an business based on hospitality - be engaging.

Room Tip: It is a summer hotel. I don't know if the other rooms smelled the same. It wasn;t the musty su...
1  Thank mainer218
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I wish I could review this property better, as the staff were very nice and I am sure it is a challenge to keep a seasonal lodging up-to-date. However, at $200/night this was really a disappointment. The room is dated (which is ok in my book) but also really cheap -- polyester bedding, no bedskirt so exposed mattress, teeny-tiny towels. Their website advertises mini-golf, shuffle board, picnic area and a kids playground -- but this is all contained in one rectangle of lawn right in the front. Still fun, but not exactly what I had pictured (only 5 holes, for example). Theoretically you can walk to the beach, but this is a very long, hot walk (about a mile each way) and very poorly marked so we laid stick crosses to find our way back (which we needed). They are right on the bike trail, so it would be wonderful to have bikes. Free coffee in the mornings doesn't start until 8 am, but there is a good place about 2 miles up the road that is open at 7 am. This is on the highway (although set back a little), so it isn't a pleasant walk anywhere. I would much rather stay in the charming town of Wellfleet itself -- or pay less at a highway property that doesn't advertise as many amenities but is likely comparable in quality. It is a 5-10 minute drive to the heart of Wellfleet (depending on traffic). It was very quiet.

3  Thank sisterbay716
dmcc404, Owner at Even’tide Resort Motel and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

I'm sorry you did not enjoy the many amenities offered at our motel. Our guests with children enjoy the central location of the free mini golf, shuffleboard, badminton, playground, basketball court, and horseshoe pit. I hope you enjoyed our huge indoor pool, ping pong, billiard table and work out facilities. Thank you for mentioning the 22 mile paved bike trail located directly abutting our property. Bike rentals are available a short distance away and they will even deliver bikes to the motel. Guests enjoy walking the bike path or taking the 25 minute hike through the wooded National Seashore property to Marconi beach. Unfortunately, since it is National Seashore property we are unable to mark the trail. We do provide a map of the trail at the front desk. Coffee is available in the lobby starting at 8 AM and in your room at anytime with your in room coffee maker. You will always receive the best rate when booking directly from our website or by phone. Our summer rates start at much less than $200 per night.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Great location, away from a lot of the hustle and bustle yet just a short drive to get there. Grounds offer seclusion from Rt. 6 traffic. Rooms are quiet and extremely clean with comfortable beds. Our kids had a great time in the pool.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jim H

I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay. Both adults who like to swim laps and children who like a big pool enjoy the size of our huge pool. Thank you for mentioning our clean rooms. I will pass it along to our housekeeping staff.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

This was our second year in a row to visit the Cape and the first time to stay in an Even'tide cottage. It is hard to find a cottage with a full kitchen on the national seashore that has all the amenities of this resort. The location right on the bike trail is ideal for people who love to bike and/or run (like me). It is a short walk through the woods to get to Marconi Beach, a big plus. The indoor pool is clean and very large. Our cottage (Chickadee) was clean and comfortable.

Finally, the owners were very easy to interact with, from reservations to check-in to questions. We stayed in another location last year and felt intruded on by the owner. In contrast, Bob and his wife were very pleasant and easygoing, but never invaded our privacy. Their quiet presence made it so much easier for us to enjoy our family vacation.

Room Tip: As with many locations on Cape Cod, WIFI can be spotty. My kids found that the lobby of the main bui...
Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay in Chickadee cottage. Our location on the bike path abutting the National Seashore property is ideal for walkers, runners and bikers. Many of our guests rebook their cottage year after year and we always look forward to seeing them.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

The staff is welcoming, the rooms are well decorated and clean. The pool is fantastic! The location is good as you can walk to the bike path easily, ride your bike to the beach or is you are more in the mood to drive, it's an easy hop onto route 6 and then an easy access to town, shops, restaurants, ponds and beaches. A really perfect place to stay when traveling with your family.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay at the Even'tide. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellfleet
Harbor Hotel Provincetown
Southfleet Motor Inn
Southfleet Motor Inn
#2 of 4 in Wellfleet
Eagle Wing Inn - Cape Cod

Been to Even’tide Resort Motel and Cottages? Share your experiences!