“PUT IT ON YOUR BUCKET LIST”

PB Boulangerie Bistro
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Wellfleet
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: PB Boulangerie Bistro is currently closed. The Bakery will reopen on February 7, 2018. PB Boulangerie Bistro is an award-winning Zagat-Rated French Bakery, Pastry Shop, and Bistro. Our Chefs use traditional European techniques to create specialty hand-crafted products, and the finest French cuisine with only the best natural ingredients. A taste of France on Cape Cod!
Reviewed August 15, 2014

If you love a good croissant and crave a quick jaunt to Paris, get there early and wait in line for a pastry! We haven't had dinner there yet but we will be back to try it!

4  Thank profcarr
Rispoli P, Manager at PB Boulangerie Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2014

Thanks so much for making us smile with your review! We hope you'll make it back soon for dinner in the bistro.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I will preface my review by sharing that I had two very good experiences at Boulangerie in 2013, but , , , I recently had reservations for 7pm on a Saturday night with a group of 7. The very flip and casual hostess informed us that our table was not ready and that we would need to sit outside and wait and that someone would be out to take our drink orders. At 725 the same woman came out to take drink orders-again very flip and no apologies. Drinks arrived 10 minutes later. At 7:55 we were seated. Our ultimately unattentive and uninterested waitress eventually appeared and took our dinner orders. The first food (appetizers) arrived at 8:50. No bread had been offered to us until we begged for it. No second drink orders were asked for until we tracked down our harried waitress. The food was generally okay but nothing like the special experience this restaurant used to provide. Apparently, they are one chef down and it shows!

Most disappointing was the complete unawareness of the staff that they were providing an unacceptable experience-not even one apology for waiting two hours for food! This place has obviously gotten comfortable and lazy because there are crowds. What a difference a year makes. BE WARNED!!!

6  Thank William H
Rispoli P, Owner at PB Boulangerie Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

There are no excuses that could explain the terrible evening you seem to have had in my restaurant. To read comments like yours just hits me so deeply and I just want to have you back in my restaurant to show you how the way you have lived your last dinner with us was an unfortunate exception.
My prime goal with this restaurant is to provide the best to my guests, either in the food than with the service, and I can read in your comment that none of those aspects reached the level of quality I every day try to keep in my restaurant. It is thus with all my respect and compassion that I would like to invite you to have another dinner with us, with all your relatives and friends that were present that night. Every one of you would get a 25$ gift card to be spent at the bakery or at the bistro. I will then personally take care of you.

Please accept my apologies and those of my entire team,
In the hope to confirm a close future booking,
Wishing you good day,
Regards,

Philippe Rispoli,
Owner and Executive Chef at PB Boulangerie Bistro.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Sat at the bar with my wife -- excellent service, food, and wine. Have been before and will go again.

5  Thank NewYorkCity13

Thank you, NYC! Your gracious review is so appreciated, as it is to see familiar faces! So we hope you'll be back again soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Always a line, but worth the wait. Varieties of croissants, crispy and delicious. Prices are reasonable and seating inside and out. Nice coffee too.

5  Thank Janice T

Janice, it is such a reward to hear that the line was worth the wait, and we hope you didn't have to wait TOO long! We understand how those summertime crowds could be discouraging -- but they do usually move quickly! Thanks so much for taking the time to write this nice review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Had breakfast here 2 mornings, croissants and pain au chocolat were good. Latte the first time was good the 2nd day I couldn't drink as the milk tasted off!

We know just how disappointing a sub-par latte can be, and for this we sincerely apologize. While it thrills us to know that you had breakfast here with us twice, we hate to know that you received a beverage deemed undrinkable during one of these experiences. If you plan to return, please let us know! For the time being, we thank you sincerely for your review and are happy that you enjoyed your croissants.