“Wonderfull Winter Get-a-way”

Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Wellfleet
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: PB Boulangerie Bistro is an award-winning Zagat-Rated French Bakery, Pastry Shop, and Bistro. Our Chefs use traditional European techniques to create specialty hand-crafted products, and the finest French cuisine with only the best natural ingredients. A taste of France on Cape Cod!
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

We stopped by for dinner to celebrate my mother's 75th birthday. It was one of the only restarants open in February in Wellfleet.

Their winter menu is much smaller than in the summer. However the food was as good as ever.

This is fast becoming our favorite restarant on Cape Cod.

3  Thank RiceWP

Reviewed February 11, 2014

My father was raving about this place, so we stopped in to get some croissants and a batard for lobster sandwiches back at the house. I partially blame the clientele for my poor experience. Long line, with obnoxious people complaining about the long line. The service was "European" (translation: slow) I get that they are trying to make the experience as authentic as possible but 30 minute wait for 6 croissants and a loaf of bread is a little bit much. Price-y but it's Wellfleet so I am not expecting a bargain. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. Totally a service with a smile establishment. The kicker was the man who just ignored my polite "Excuse me" and then yelled at me for being rude and accusing me of trying to steal his place in line while trying to leave the bakery. The long and the short-I'd be ok if I never went there again but I won't shun it, especially if there isn't a line out the door. It's probably a nightmare during high season...

Reviewed January 28, 2014

PB Boulangerie is out of this world!

In the morning/during the day they are set up sort of like a cafe; they have espresso and fresh squeezed juices. The best part are their homemade breads and pastries... everything is so fresh. They also have unique pre-made sandwiches that are delish. It is definitely worth waiting in the line that often winds out the door (it moves pretty fast most of the time). Try the olive bread, its my FAVORITE!

In the evening they turn over for dinner. It is a bit pricey but it's worth every penny. It's a fun place to eat because you can see the chef cooking right behind the bar and he often comes around to the tables to make sure you're enjoying your meal... a very nice guy! The food is expertly prepared and a lot of it is local. Also, the desert is to die for.

Best part of all? They are open year round (except for January, I believe) so you can go whenever your little heart desires!

3  Thank amsaysam
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We had extraordinary take out Thanksgiving dinner. Our family enjoyed the large turkey, delicious gravy, rich apricot and sausage stuffing, green vegetables, cranberry orange sauce, a variety of breads and finally the luscious pumpkin pie. When we gave thanks, we were grateful for PB.

4  Thank SBB111
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Classic, flawlessly executed French pastry. A few nods to American cultural influences are present, but don't detract from the dedication to French technique demonstrated at this world-class bakery. An ambitious bistro serves lunch and dinner. Some of the best food on the Cape. Chocolate eclairs are haunting. I do wish they had a vanilla pastry cream version of the eclair, but their custard pie took care of that craving.

5  Thank NateRoy