“What a bakery!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Wellfleet
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: PB Boulangerie Bistro is an award-winning Zagat-Rated French Bakery, Pastry Shop, and Bistro. Our Chefs use traditional European techniques to create specialty hand-crafted products, and the finest French cuisine with only the best natural ingredients. A taste of France on Cape Cod!
Boston
“What a bakery!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

It's no secret that PB's has the best bakery, well, anywhere. The bread, pastries, sandwiches, salads are amazing. The only downside is that everyone loves it, and there are often long lines. The staff works very efficiently, so usually the wait isn't as bad as it looks. I bring my iphone and do emails while I wait and then stock up for days. Dinners at PB's can be simply exquisite. The atmosphere is sweet and low key, and the food is inspired and fresh. I have sometimes ordered something not so great...the risotto, for instance, is just a big plate of cheesy rice. Good for kids I guess, but not a meal for a foody! Great cocktails. One of my favorite restaurants in the Wellfleet/Truro area.

Visited July 2013
5 Thank Bostonfoody

Providence, Rhode Island
“The Best French Pastries”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We vacation in the Cap every year a French Bistro and bakery open a few years ago .
What a place if anyone wants to France just for pastries go to the Cap Cod Mass.
No disappointed their they make the best breads and pastry that anyone can imagine .
We live in Providence 2 hours away and had gone their just had Lund by all kinds of pastries and bring it home for everybody in the family they are out of this world it is fresh flaky buttery elegant delicious can't express the beauty,perfection and quality of the products.the lines of people starts early in the morning waiting for the door to open at 7.00 am people wait 1.30 m to get served.everything is irresistible so I buy one of each kind they made and when it comes to the croissants I buy 12 assorted,I'm crazy about this place.Dinner is fabulous they cook everything to
perfection,service just right we feel like we are in France really ! Every dessert is small very rich so we can share it.
They make a white chocolate bread it is to die for.I usually brig a cooler and fill it up to bring home.they have the best coffee made by French Press it is smooth never bitter it is delicious.
They sell caviar and pâté they are excellent.I plan to their soon again and enjoy everything I want.One occasion I bought a lot of goodies and people ask me what I'm going to do with that I say give then to my children they HO that's nice please leave some for us they are expensive but that's the only place around like that.So every year we splurge.Otherwise only in Epcot Florida we can get that,they are the same company they told me.they make best French cakes for Christmas and New Years,what a better way to finish a meal on the Holidays.

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank rosagourmet
Ocean View, Delaware
“Very original French food and pastries!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

We were on the road to Provincetown and our collective stomachs said we needed something good, not too heavy and definitely not your basic fast food. We saw the sign "Bistro" and pulled a legal U turn. What a great choice! We selected a sandwich and slice of their French pizza. The sandwich had smoked salmon which was sliced very thin and very tasty. The slice was done very well, the crust was flaky and the ingredients were first rate. I think they need to separate the two areas of service more and concentrate on each to really grow their business. This should be a definite stop for anyone who appreciates real French style cuisine but please speed up the service line.
We also opted for a couple of desserts to go. We made a really good decision there also. Trybany of their desserts from the case, I don't think you can miss.
Overall, a really good choice as compared to most of the food competition in the area.

Visited June 2013
5 Thank runamook
Austin, Texas
“Excellent pastry”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stopped here a few times in June and bought a lot of pastry. Unfortunately, we were not able to try the restaurant. This place has excellent pastry and their staff is friendly. However, on two occasions, we encountered very long lines, which is understandable, but they were not moving at all. After 20 minutes, it did not move an inch... Later, we noticed, that the way they handle orders was not the most efficient.

It may not be the best stop if you are in a hurry, but if you have time, the pastry is worth it. On Sunday, late in the afternoon, they were selling all pastries and deserts with a 50% discount because they were to be closed on Monday and would not be able to sell anything. If you are in the area on Sunday afternoon, it may be worth stopping by; you may get lucky as we did.

• Visited June 2013
5 Thank Vera L
Cape Cod
“There's a reason there is a line!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

For those of you who won't stand in line or complain about a 15 minute wait for a table, you're not worthy! Hello, it's summertime on Cape Cod. You are not alone, look around.
This fine establishment is the best place to eat on Cape Cod hands down.
Don't bother going anywhere else for your baked goods. The bread and pastries are sublime.
The food quality is the same or even higher than most two-star restaurants in France.
You've largely missed out if you don't stop or even go out of your way to dine here in Wellfleet.
Be reminded this is a bistro atmosphere, not a hushed velvet gloved affair.
Reserve well in advance if you plan to go in July or August. You won't be disappointed.
If you are, then quick get on a plane to France instead.
But it's definitely worth the wait on this side of the Atlantic. Bon appetit!

• Visited July 2013