“Twas the night before Thanksgiving”

PB Boulangerie Bistro
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Wellfleet
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: PB Boulangerie Bistro is an award-winning Zagat-Rated French Bakery, Pastry Shop, and Bistro. Our Chefs use traditional European techniques to create specialty hand-crafted products, and the finest French cuisine with only the best natural ingredients. A taste of France on Cape Cod!
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Wonderful pre-Thanksgiving dinner. My husband enjoyed a strip steak with a light mustard sauce. I had the pasta special. Our daughter enjoyed the short ribs. Great wine selection.

7  Thank terrypotts

Reviewed November 23, 2012

First, let me agree with everyone else who has stated that the lines are crazy and you are out of luck unless you have a dinner reservation, and that the prices are higher than you would expect on the Cape.

Having said that, of course there is a line! This place is utterly fantastic and there is nothing else like it on the Cape! If this place were in Boston, you wouldn't think twice about the wait and the prices wouldn't even make you blink.

We have been here many, many times. This last time we had a few appetizers, one was an out-of-this-world fois gras. My entree was farfalle with rabbit and I don't think I have ever tasted a better rabbit. The other members of my party had a variety of fish dishes and they raved about them.

PB has a bakery that stands on its own reputation, and the bread served with dinner was just heavenly.

We had the wine paring with our courses and we were treated to some amazingly good wines. I was impressed that when the sommelier opened one bottle of wine, he smelled the cork and wouldn't serve it to us, because he didn't feel the wine was good. I doubt this was for show as the wine was expensive and in its place he brought us a complimentary bottle that was even more expensive. In all my years of ordering wine at a restaurant, I have never seen that initiated by the sommelier.

The desserts were sinfully good and paired with a nice strong coffee to finish the evening.

This is a top notch restaurant run by a Michelin star chef and you will not be disappointed by the food. This is not a "beach" restaurant that you can walk into without a reservation.

12  Thank khoward67
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Went there last night for the beaujolais nouveau special they had.Very busy place and loud!I like it :the 30$ menu was a good deal;food was simple and good.I only have 2 bad things to say:beaujolais is better cold and the waiter should have been a bit more present.

6  Thank blahblaheastham
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The title says it all. The lines can be long but worth it. The breakfast special is a steal (coffee, fruit, croissant for <$3).

18  Thank NEcm104
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have been there 3 times know, twice off season and 1 in season. The food was amazing each visit. Reservations are a must, they are always busy. Don't forget to visit the bakery for the yummy breads and treats or for lunch!
Bon Apetite!!!