“Outstanding Bakery!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Wellfleet
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: PB Boulangerie Bistro is an award-winning Zagat-Rated French Bakery, Pastry Shop, and Bistro. Our Chefs use traditional European techniques to create specialty hand-crafted products, and the finest French cuisine with only the best natural ingredients. A taste of France on Cape Cod!
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I can't speak of the restaurant, as I never did eat there, but the bakery side of this establishment is top notch. It rivals the bakeries in Paris! I recently spent a week in Wellfleet, and only went to this place towards the end of our trip - I wish I had gone sooner! Their Croque Monsieur is the best I've ever had, and their baked breadds are made fresh on the premises and are outstanding (try the Pain au fromage!). Highly recommended, we brought back extra on our way back to NYC. If you're driving through Wellfleet, don't miss it!

15  Thank mevans74

Reviewed June 2, 2012

We didn't find this little gem located right at the end of the Rail Trail Bike Path, until the end of our stay in P-Town, but we learned quickly that this authentic (for America) French boulangerie has excellent breads and croissants, all made by hand right in front of us. French is spoken as the primary language by the key staff. Our server had never made our coffee drink before and it wasn't done particularly well, but the excellent croissant made up for it. We would have loved to had lunch, but we didn't have the time. If you're headed up to P-Town, stop by and get your bread here. And if you're walking or riding at the northern terminus of the Rail Trail, be sure to stop in!

14  Thank TucsonCurt
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We bought some excellent sandwiches to go for lunch and a cheese and lardon bread loaf. The sandwiches were wonderful. I had the crab sandwich and it was delicious and on an excellent bun. The loaf was sinfully good.

The staff was so happy to be there, cracking jokes with the customers as they rushed to get your order that you couldn't help but like being there.

The rest of the baked goods looked amazing and were a sophistication that isn't always easy to find for take away while on the road on the Cape.

A must for building a picnic basket.

14  Thank pronunciate
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Good restaurants on the Outer Cape are few and far between. Across the board excellence! Seating was a bit "tight" and wait staff streched a bit thin. otherwise top notch. Wine list was varied enough for my taste's. Appetizers were inventive, a mixed selection of local oysters, half dozen raw on the half shell, the other half dozen baked in a creative spinach puree- very nice! A special was a simple aspargus soup that was fantastic! As with any French Bistro, my first test is the Steak Frites, it did not dissapoint. I could not resist adding a bit of decadence and paid up for the the foie gras. Cooked as ordered, a genorous portion, lightly salted, net net, just about perfect. Fries, were fresh cut, a tad on the soggy side, but excellent flavor- from a very busy kitchen. My wife had an arugala salad and the special burger- also with foie gras, very nicely decandent as well. We had been having fresh seafood all weekend, so we were craving a bit of meat, as you can tell by our main course selections. The menu had a nice mix, something for everyone- the cheese plate and the charcuterie plates looked like something I will try next time. Deserts, inventive and delish! We had a layers coffee concoction, I cannot remember the name-but we loved it. Not cheap, but for this quality, no complaints. I would highly recommend PB, and if not for dinner, the pastries are out of sight! Be prepared to wait, especially on weekends-as word is more than out!

14  Thank DoMO_54
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Wonderful, refreshing, great food. Absolutely perfect!

20  Thank OspreyElephant