“The Pearl -- Great meal, great bar, great music”

Pearl Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #13 of 49 Restaurants in Wellfleet
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Located at the corner of Commercial Street and Kendrick Avenue on picturesque Wellfleet Harbor, Pearl is the quintessential Cape Cod dining experience. It features indoor-outdoor dining on multi-level decks with panoramic views of the entire harbor including the main boat dock, the town pier, Mayo Beach, and Great Island. Pearl offers delicious, fresh local seafood, an array of craft and local beers, wine, cocktails, and some of the greatest views that you will find anywhere. We use local fisherman and growers whenever possible to not only provide the best possible dining experience, but also to support our fellow Cape Cod businesses. Come in for our Fresh Music Live Seafood happy hour with live musical performances by local Cape Cod musicians, combined with great deals on select items from our raw bar. Join us on select days from 3pm-5pm for great summer fun, food and entertainment.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I can't believe that it's taken us 5 years to visit the Pearl, a very pretty restaurant in Wellfleet right at the harbor with a million dollar view. I guess we thought it would be just another touristy restaurant with mediocre food that touted its view. Not at all. It was wonderful and we have been telling everyone to go.

My husband and I hoped to get a seat at the rooftop restaurant, but were told it was a 40 minute wait. We decided to try the bar (we love eating at bars!) and were glad we did. The glass surrounding the bar made us feel like we were sitting in the salt marsh. Even though the restaurant was busy, we found seats immediately, had generous drinks, but the best was the fisherman's platter, an enormous serving that we split -- and my husband is not usually a fan of splitting. Loaded with fried clams, shrimp, scallops, calimari and cod, along with fries, it filled both of us. We actually thought it was as good as what we get at Arnold's, our favorite clam shack on the Cape.

A few days later a friend and I spent the afternoon sipping wine at the bar and hearing a spirited local band. Ya gotta love a band that has a female trombone player who moved through the restaurant as she played. There's music every afternoon from 3-5 (I think) that draws a very fun crowd.

1  Thank niniBoston
There are newer reviews for Pearl Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nothing is very special about the Pearl. It is one of these high turnover restaurants which serves generic food to a lot of tourists. The big plus is the public parking next to it.

1  Thank achinca
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Local family members took us to The Pearl in August. We all loved it! Scallops were huge and plentiful, calamari appetizer, baked oysters, portugese soup, scrod, and lobster penne were chosen from the menu. I thought it was fantastic! And so did the rest of our group. My husband and I found it so good, that we drove back up to Wellfleet (we were staying in East Orleans) the very next night to eat there again. The first time we went we got there early and didn't have any wait at all. The following night we did get there late and have a 15 minute wait, but they gave us a beeper and we were able to pass the time in the art gallery next door.
Our service was great and we will definitely return next time we're on the Cape.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

While staying at the cape I got a tip from a local bartender to try this place out and I was not disappointed. Nice location on the pier in Wellfleet, huge selection of food and a raw bar. Great atmosphere. A little on the pricey side but everything on the cape is more expensive. Since my original visit I have gone back every year. If you want to eat in Welfleet. I would recommend trying the Pearl.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

With the prices of the food, we expected fine dining--instead, it was more like a crab shack.
Service was dreadful--we had to go to the front desk to find a server after sitting for quite a long time. Food was tasty, but not worth the price.

2  Thank MarbleJac