“Very clean, not 'fresh'”
Review of Wellfleet Motel

Wellfleet Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Wellfleet
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 18, 2009

This motel has many pluses and will be fine for most:
- nice location for Wellfleet and not far to PTown
- good staff
- spotlessly clean
- nice sized room
- non-smoking
- very reasonable for Cape Cod

It had one downside for us, however, as the room was clean but not 'fresh' - very strong deodorinzing odor so if you're sensitive to strong fragrances not so good. In fairness to the motel, this may have been a special case - there was a somewhat confusing sign in the room that may have meant someone had smoked in the room (it is a no=somoking establishment). Probably wouldn't bother most folks, just if you're sensitive to fragrance/strong scents.

1  Thank krah

Reviewed October 12, 2009

The Wellfleet Motel was conveniently located on the Northern Cape. Our double bedroom was quite large and very clean. We enjoyed the beautiful indoor pool as well as the nearby trails for biking and walking. Our breakfast at the Cafe was delicious and the service was remarkable. Highly recommend this lovely motel.

2  Thank bridgequeen1
Reviewed September 20, 2009

We've been coming here every year for I don't know how long. The rooms are very comfortable - they're roomy and clean, and I've always slept well in the beds, which is something I can't say for most motels I've stayed in. (The owners have quietly made improvements to the decor and furnishings over the years, so that the rooms always feel up-to-date.) Our kids love the outdoor pool and the open area between the two lodges is great for a game of frisbee or catch in the evening after being out at the beach or sightseeing. The motel is in a great location - just a short drive from Marconi Beach to the north, but also convenient to the amenities (restaurants, etc.) in Eastham to the south. The Audubon sanctuary is right across the street, and for those who like to bike, there is direct access to the Cape Cod Bike Trail from the premises.
And the on-premises breakfast cafe (Harrigan's) is great, too - good food & friendly service.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank peteyq
Reviewed September 13, 2009

Room very clean and large. Had all amenities needed. Pool looked nice but not that hot so did not use. Only meal served is breakfast which was very good -- it is not included in rate. Staff were all very nice. Checkin was 3:30pm, would have preferred earlier since checkout was 11am.

Next to Cape Cod rail trail. Many bike racks available to lock bikes to.

My wife noticed a musty smell in room but I did not -- Room 2.

Had an $85 (pretax) rate from united.com Hotels, which is United Airlines travel arm
A great price for off season cape. We were going to go back to a nice B&B we'd stayed at before that is at least twice as expensive.

Reviewed September 8, 2009

We were very satisfied with our stay. The room with the king bed was very clean, comfortable, and roomy. The bathroom was nice and had a good-sized vanity located outside of the bathroom. It was a good value for the comparatively low rates. The breakfast at the on-site cafe was delicious and very reasonable. The location is exactly where we wanted to be.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rjg426
Reviewed September 7, 2009

As a last minute getaway to meet up with other cousins in Wellfleet I decided to search "hotels in Wellfleet MA" and this came up #2 on the list when I used Google. The hotel at #1 did not have online reservation capabilities and when I called I got a machine. Not at the Wellfleet Motel! I made a reservation easily online and then called to see when the office closed and spoke to a great front desk agent, Malcolm. Things only got better from there. Clean room, hot shower with great pressure and high quality mattresses for a great nights sleep. One of the best things was an onsite breakfast cafe which was delicious. We ate there both mornings out on the patio and it was fantastic!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank travelingkaty
Reviewed August 27, 2009

We checked in & then checked out again 45 minutes later. We have a 17 month old that was crawling on the floor for about 25 minutes. When I went to change her diaper her knees & legs were disgustingly dirty. I then took a wet wipe and ran it across the rug & it was covered with brown dirt. When we walked in it was really musty smelling which it is Cape Cod but I have never smelled anything that strong in any place I have stayed.
My husband went to talk to them & they said they would send the owner to out room. He showed up with his two children. He got on the floor with a dry rag & lightly ran it over the rug. He said he couldn't see anything wrong with it & then went over to my daughter and looked at her legs. I told him that I had washed her & asked him wouldn't he have cleaned dirt off of his child? Meanwhile his daughter got on the floor and when she stood up you could see her knees were dirty too. She told her father that when we left he should clean the room because it was dirty.
He offered us a refund which we accepted. He then stood there for 10 minutes watching me pack. When my husband went to give back the key there was another guest there with issues with his room as well.
Another complaint was that they advertised free internet then in the room there was a sign saying $10 a day. And if you wanted ice it was 25 cents a bucket (not expensive but for how much you are paying for the room it should be free).
This was the first time we had ever walked out of a place before. For $140.00 a night I don't expect a lot but I would like my daughter to be able to get around the room with out getting dirty.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank ribsam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellfleet
Harbor Hotel Provincetown
Southfleet Motor Inn
#3 of 4 in Wellfleet
Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod
Viking Shores Motor Inn

Been to Wellfleet Motel? Share your experiences!