“NIce little place and a good value”
Review of Wellfleet Motel

Wellfleet Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Wellfleet
GreenLeadersGold level
Boston MA
“NIce little place and a good value”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

The rooms are huge and newly renovated - bonus. There's a great salt water pool outside and an indoor pool. Next to the salt water pool is a little picnic/grilling area so it's great if you want to stay at a hotel but still hang out outside on your vacation.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We had a long weekend in Wellfleet and stayed here.It's about six miles out of town on the main drag. The weather was picture perfect Cape Cod so we actually spent very little time at the hotel....main street and then beach, beach, beach.Room was fine, People were friendly and it's a very good value.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Roger S
Bristol, Connecticut
Reviewed July 5, 2014

The newly renovated motel rooms were larger than expected, and nicely finished. We absolutely loved the outdoor saltwater pool; it was like a little oasis with the pretty landscaping, paved patio, and lounge chairs (you forget you're on rt 6). Location was perfect for our needs, with Nauset Light Beach just around the corner, and a short drive to Ptown for dining, shopping, and sunset at Race Point. Beds & pillows were firm which my husband liked (I prefer pillow top). Breakfast was average but service was great. Everyone was friendly and the chocolate chip cookies at check in were hot out of the oven. For the price, location, and amenities, we'll be back again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Jessicatrz
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

I just finished up my 2nd ever stay at this motel and I loved it. I know they recently did renovations, honestly I am not totally sure if I was in a renovated room. Some things looked new and others were obviously older. Outdoor pool is great and very clean and rooms are of course very clean as well or I wouldn't have come back. For the price you are getting your money's worth for sure. Big flat screen TV though it doesn't play in HD quality but that doesn't matter we didn't spend much time watching TV. Bathroom was a decent size, pretty long tub and the water pressure is nice and stays hot for a long time. The towels should have been bigger. We slept on a king size bed it was very comfortable and we fell asleep almost instantly and the pillows are very nice as well. Beds have a quilt then a fleece blanket and a sheet. Air conditioning is perfect noise level and worked very well. 2 doors but only one window so it was kind of dark even in the daytime. This is so minor though, because obviously we were out all day. When we first got in the room it did have a musty smell but just open the window and/or put on the a/c And go out for a bit and it will be gone. It was bad at first and it made my throat scratchy but that's how it is on the cape and it truly didn't bother me much at all. Overall I loved the stay it was very comfortable and the people at the front desk are very nice! Definitely stay here you will not be disappointed.

Stayed June 2014
Easthampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I've stayed at the Wellfleet Motel several times over the past 15 years and by far this is the nicest Motel to stay at in the outer Cape area. Indoor/outdoor pool, very clean rooms...some newly renovated which are the nicest I've seen by far, and I am comparing this to 4 other Motels in that area. The Owners are extremely friendly and make you feel very welcomed. They go out of their way to accommodate you, as we asked for specific rooms and were given them. Lowest prices also, and for the cleanest/best rooms to sleep in. We were very happy with our choice, and we will stay there again ! Laurie H.

Room Tip: The one level motel unit are newly renovated, those are the ones on the side with the outdoor pool...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laurie H
Ted606, Owner at Wellfleet Motel, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We really do appreciate the pat on the back. We do our best to maintain and upgrade our guestrooms and facilities and provide an experience that makes guests want to come back. We are very fortunate to have a great core staff that has been with us for many years.
Lunenburg, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed the weekend of June 20th and the parking lot was full every night, however it certainly was not the height of the season. Upon checking in we discovered our ground floor room to be quite musty and the carpet was actually damp from humidity. We turned on ac and went for a bike ride. When we returned little had changed. We called the office, they said they had no rooms in our category and could come in and spray an odor eater. We declined, they called back and offered to change our room. The change was made around 5:30 pm on a Friday, we were surprised that they would do this. We were extremely happy with the new room...#a49. We had friends stay in 33a and also had a musty smell but not as bad. Other friends stayed in the building across court yard and another stayed in the one floor building. All parties were satisfied with rooms, except firecrackers going off in an adjacent yard at the end of the one story room. The wandering rooster and hens from neighbor was interesting, but somewhat aggressive. The rooms overlooking courtyard...not a courtyard but a big field area with overgrown trees at each of the patio and balconies for those rooms.

Saturday breakfast, six of us showed for breakfast in the cafe at 7am..between 7 and 8 they had one young woman serving and lots of full seats...she worked her tail off and thru it all was pleasant and cheerful. Relief appeared at 8am...management should have stepped in to help the lone server since two parties got up and walked out. Our wait for food was around 45 minutes...too long for a breakfast cafe, but meals were good. Next morning we came for breakfast at 8 and there were several servers, the food came much faster. Yogurt and fruit, pancakes, French toast were all terrific!

Indoor pool and hot tubs were hot and very clean. The outdoor pool is on small side, but the salt water is clean and refreshing.

Loved the afternoon cookies! The man and woman at the front desk on Friday may have been the owners, not sure, but they were inviting, fun, respectful and accommodating.

The bike trail is one of the best anywhere and right off the property...we biked over forty miles in two days. You can bike to beaches, ice cream and restaurants and avoid route six. The Wellfleet Audubon sanctuary is across the street and is a fantastic place to explore ocean side ecosystems. Wellfleet town and harbor are jems to explore a short drive away.

Very happy with location and stay. Can't wait to stay again.

Room Tip: A49 was spacious at the end of building
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kathi M
Ted606, Owner at Wellfleet Motel, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I'm impressed that you got a chance to explore so much of the area. There certainly is a variety of activities to keep one busy. I apologize that we were understaffed that one morning for breakfast. It took us by surprise also. There was a baseball tournament that weekend and many of the families came by for breakfast. We have adjusted our staff scheduling to handle an early morning rush for the future. The tree pruning has been on my long list of things to do. I actually started the other day in preparation for a photo shoot at the property.
Avon Park
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I stayed at this motel during a recent trip back home to Cape Cod for a memorial service. It was easy to locate and appeared to be quite busy. After speaking with others guests I must admit that I experienced some "room envy" but overall, I did enjoy the room that I was assigned in the motel. I had mentioned at booking that I was coming back for a memorial and expressed preference in being near the indoor pool but also if possible in a quiet location. As they were so busy I was located in a more active area away from the indoor pool. I am unable to walk distances so I simply drove over to the pool which on a Friday evening was not busy at all. The pool was refreshing and whomever did the tile work did a beautiful job. My room was apparently recently renovated. It had a closet, fridge, flat screen TV, coffee maker ( no tea) and 2 queen beds. The bathroom had a bathtub and shower and also hairdryer. The motel was right on Hiway 6 and it was easy to get to my service without anxiety about traffic, etc. Overall, this was a good experience despite the reason for the stay. My friends expressed that they would consider this motel themselves for future travel. The bed was comfy and the room spacious. I was sensitive to the noise.

Room Tip: I found that the rooms on the motel side were rather noisy, really loud. My first night I had though...
Green Features: yes, I noticed the efforts being made to be more environmentally sensitive
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank leprechaunshag
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellfleet
Harbor Hotel Provincetown
Southfleet Motor Inn
Southfleet Motor Inn
#3 of 4 in Wellfleet
Viking Shores Motor Inn

Been to Wellfleet Motel? Share your experiences!