“Good, cheap option in Wellfleet”
Review of Wellfleet Motel

Wellfleet Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Wellfleet
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 17, 2008

We stayed here when we spent the weekend in Wellfleet. I liked it: it wasn't anything special, but the rooms were clean, they looked nice, the location is great (right on Route 6, but you can't hear the noise of the traffic, because of how the buildings are situated). The staff were super nice - Malcom at the front desk was very nice, friendly and helpful. And it was of course cheaper than B&Bs in Wellfleet. I am planning on staying here again during my many trips to Wellfleet this summer.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 15, 2007

We had a very clean updated room, comfortable bed and nice linens. We could not hear highway traffic and felt the location perfect for the festival we attended in town. Somewhat pricey but it was just a overnighter.

• Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank debatwork
Reviewed July 22, 2007

The Wellfleet Motel is a nice, basic property. Our room was extremely clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. The little restaurant serves a nice breakfast and the restaurant waitstaff couldn't be nicer. The motel is very conveniently located-- walking distance to a small market and to the Wellfleet Theatres.

That said, the rooms were too expensive (even for the Cape) for the low level of amentities involved. Clean rooms and a tiny pool shouldn't cost what we paid per night. I will explore other options in Wellfleet if I return.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank ChicagoTraveler7
Reviewed October 30, 2006

I had a travel coupon with a price of $69 which was supposed to include breakfast - didn't get it, didn't have it, simply unavailable!! I was very irritated about this (I wanted to demand a discount but my husband was holding onto my leash...). The clerk didn't even say 'sorry'. If you want off-season breakfasts, take a left out of the property and you will see two or three quaint breakfast restaurants - not a right turn or you will find nuthin'. Otherwise the room in the motel part was pretty spacious with two queen-size beds and a great bathroom. There were plenty of stations on the cable. The two buildings with a courtyard was closed for the season I guess. The indoor swimming pool was a great plus - wooden walls, wooden ceiling and a decent hot tub. Pretty clean and tidy.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carolyn777
Reviewed August 24, 2006

I booked this place on the motel's own website. The photos on the website give an impression of the place being much nicer than it actually is. If I had seen the place upfront, I would not have booked it. And since I had to pay for half the room upfront, I really was in no position to go anywhere else once I got there, since I would lose over $200 per room (I booked a 2 night stay).

We stayed in the two-story "lodge" portion of the compound.

My main issues with the Wellfleet Lodge & Motel:
- overpriced at $190 per night (plus taxes)
- musty smell in the rooms (we had two adjoining rooms, they both smelled), carpeting felt damp
- beds not very comfortable, when two people sleep on the same queen size mattress you end up sagging into the middle of the bed
- the dresser drawers had dirt in them
- dirt on baseboards and chairrail in bathroom (not quite "squeeky clean" which happens to be the facility's motto!)

In addition, the courtyard is in dire need of some landscaping. Also, the outdoor pool area needs some more upkeep. It faces rt. 6, and the traffic noise is quite loud.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
9  Thank Oddgeir E
Reviewed August 12, 2006

My family and I stayed at the Wellfleet Motel for 3 days during our vacation to Cape Cod. The motel is pretty far into Cape Cod, away from the hustle and bustle of Hyannisport. It doesn't look like much from the outside. The grounds need weeding and cleaned up. But the motel staff was helpful and friendly and the motel room was very spacious and very clean. My wife is a clean freak and she approved this place.

There is a motel section where your car parks right in front of your room and a "lodge" section that looks like a 2-story apartment building. We stayed in the motel section.

It had an indoor pool that was OK and served breakfast and lunch in a small cafe (we didn't try it).

The motel is located close to the National Seashore park where you can visit beaches for a car parking fee of $10 per day.

3  Thank HOaKIE
Reviewed June 26, 2006

We stayed at the Wellfleet Motel & Lodge for 2 nights in late June. The word lodge is not an accurate description. This is a motel, nothing more. The outside the building is pretty ugly. The grounds are clean but alot could be done landscaping wise to improve the grounds. Our room smelled musty the whole time we were there, even with opening doors & windows and running the AC. The door to the patio needs a screen. The carpet felt damp. The beds & linens were average for a motel, the bathroom was nicely done but the towels were terrible, thin & scratchy. We ate breakfast in the cafe one morning, and it was average. We did not use the pool(s). Next time I'll try The Eventide or a B&B in town.

• Stayed: June 2006
8  Thank DEHMaine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellfleet
Blue Water on the Ocean
Even’tide Resort Motel and Cottages
Blue Dolphin Inn
Blue Dolphin Inn
#5 of 9 in Eastham

Been to Wellfleet Motel? Share your experiences!