“Amazing Customer service!”

Wellfleet Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Wellfleet
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The owners of the Motel and Lodge are so kind. We had a family event that prevented us from coming earlier in the year- we called well past the refund time but due to the circumstances they easily made the switch for us later in the year. While there we decided to extend two more days again no questions just easily made the switch without making us switch our rooms! The rooms are all super clean, and if you need anything just call the front desk and it is there within minutes! The keurig was a great new addition this year and as a coffee drinker so much better than normal hotel coffee. It was like being at home away from home! We have been going for over 3 years and this won't be out last visit!
Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Shannon L
Ted606, General Manager at Wellfleet Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

We are always glad to hear from our guests. Thank you for your positive review. We hope to see you again in the future. We do our best to provide the best value for our customers.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed several nights at the Wellfleet Motel. Our room was quite large, which was a bit of a surprise for us, but nothing to complain about certainly. The location was very convenient for our travels up and down the Cape.

The staff were very friendly and provided lots of service and advice for us. For example, when I couldn't get the Coke machine to take my dollar bills, they changed the bills for quarters. And when those didn't work they investigated the problem and realized the machine had been accidently turned off. We enjoyed talking to them.

Breakfast at Harrington's was very good and I really enjoyed the blueberry pancakes with real maple syrup (extra).

The outdoor pool wasn't open during our stay, but the indoor pool was, although we didn't have time to use it, although we did check it out.

We would stay here again.

2  Thank Hedo-goer

Dear guest. I'm glad to hear you had a positive experience on your most recent visit with us. We are lucky to have a very friendly, courteous, and professional office staff. I'm glad to hear you ejoyed talking with them and that they provided you with information to make your vacation enjoyable.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

I have been staying at the Wellfleet Motel and Lodge for years and have always had good experiences. The rooms are clean and quiet. The staff is very nice and all of the accommodations are great. The motel is perfect for someone who drives to the beaches, nature preserves and other attractions during the day and wants a relaxing place with the comforts of home at night.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear guest. Thank you for continuing to be a repeat guest with us. It is our goal to provide a clean, comfortable room with some amenities that you would expect at home like large flat screen TV's, Keruig in-room coffee brewers, and refrigerators.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

We arrived on Thursday, June 14, and stayed through Monday, June 18. Great location on the upper cape, right across from the Audubon Sanctuary, which is a great walk and must do, up the road from the Drive In movie theatre, and flea market, and only 20 minutes to Provincetown. The motel facilities and rooms are clean and well maintained, the indoor heated pool is fantastic, and came in handy as it was too cool to swim outside in the outdoor pool (which is lovely as well, maybe next time!). Rooms and beds were comfortable (could use more storage or drawers though) and front desk and staff are friendly and helpful. Only complaint is no hot water in rooms for tea (only coffee maker, making watery coffee) and was not able to get free freshly brewed coffee (most motels and hotels provide free coffee in the morning). But I still highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank redoobie

Dear guest. Thank you for your comments Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Many people love the Keurig in-room coffee brewers. The coffee is a medium roast Breakfast Blend. For a stronger cup of coffee try pouring less water into the reservoir. Also, hot water can be created in the coffee maching just don't add coffee.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Just celebrated our 43rd anniversary with another getaway in Wellfleet - we got such a warm welcome when we arrived - it's like visiting friends! The pool and whirlpool are delightful. Breakfast at Harrington's was good, as always. Just wanted to say that everything is still clean, comfy and totally copacetic at Wellfleet Motel!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear guest. We were happy to be a part of your wedding anniversary. Congratulations! I enjoyed reading your positve comments. Thank you. I will be sure to share them with the office staff and kitchen staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

We were able to get a last-minute booking there in May and the price was fabulous.

We had low expectations because we're usually 4-star hotel people but found it very comfortable. The room was very large; it fit a sofa, table, dresser and mini-fridge and there was still plenty of space. We also had a small balcony, which was a nice bonus. Big TV. We felt it was clean in the room and bathroom. Also the heating and cooling system in the room was very effective and there was separate heating in the bathroom.

We overheard the guy in the room next door having a very loud phone conversation but overall the place was peaceful and quiet.

The location is great. You're well situated to drive up to Province Town, you're at Wellfleet which is lovely and laid back, and there are bike trails immediately behind the motel and across the street is a wildlife sanctuary.

There is an indoor and an outdoor pool and both are up front, which is important because the noise of little kids or rowdy adults at the pool don't reach your room.

The reason I think this is probably great for a family with kids is because there are pools, you're close to activities and there's so much space in the room. And did I mention how affordable it was? :)

Here's what I can remember:
Did include: fridge, shampoo, coffee maker.
Did not include: hair conditioner.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pronunciate

Dear guest. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for all your positive comments. May is a wonderful time to explore Wellfleet and all it has to offer. From biking, to nature walks at the Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, beachcombing the Atlantic or Cape Cod Bay and nostalgic fun at the Wellfleet Drive-In movie theater.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

I have stayed at the Wellfleet Motel 3 times over the past 5 years, both in the lodge and in the standard motel section. First let me start with the positives. It is located on rte 6 and is a short drive to both the bayside beaches, national seashore, and P'town, and is located right on the bike trail. Never had a problem checking in, staff are generally helpful and the free wi-fi works great. Both the indoor and outdoor pool areas are reasonably clean and were never crowded when I used them, and Harrigan's Cafe is my favorite part of the place. They serve an excellent breakfast and have a very pleasant outdoor seating area. Breakfast is not offered in the room rate, but they offer a reasonable breakfast package. If you stay, I highly recommend it.

Now for the negatives. If you stay here, I do not recommend the motel building (standard rooms). When I stayed here in 2010, although the room wasn't completely unacceptable, the cleanliness level left something to be desired. There were crumbs on the rug, hairs in the bathroom, and a damp odor that wouldn't quite go away no matter how much we vented the room. Plus there wasn't a lot of natural light. The rooms in the lodge (courtyard rooms) aren't perfect but are significantly better and are worth the extra money IMO, as they are larger, lighter, smell better and each have their own patio or balcony. I stayed in the lodge in 2007 and didn't have any problems with my room, and again last year. At first glance my room seemed clean, but I made the mistake of looking under the bed and wished I hadn't. There was a soft drink lid and assorted bits of food all over the place under there, obviously hadn't been cleaned in a VERY long time. Kind of gave me the heebie-jeebies for the remainder of my stay. The exterior corridors of the lodge are dark so be careful on the stairs, and the exterior in general could use a bit of TLC, although, to be fair, the winter of 2010-11 left very few structures in New England unscathed, my own house included, so I can't be too critical here. The grounds are quite overgrown in places, but IMO this somehow lends a rustic, wild charm to the place (after all it is close to the bike trail and a nature preserve...).
Are there better places to stay on the Cape? Certainly. Are there worse places? No doubt. Would I recommend it? Well, yes, as I will probably stay again this summer myself. Its location and breakfast outweigh the negatives. Maybe you'll agree. Maybe you won't, but I have a feeling you may like the place, as long as you don't look under the bed!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank loopygal

Dear guest. Thank you for your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and found the office staff helpful and the wfi exceeded your expectations. Also glad to hear you enjoyed breakfast in our Cafe. This past year we completed major renovations to our outdoor pool and landscape to improve the grounds. The pool is completely new with travertine paver decking, new pool furniture, Pebble Tec pool finish, granite coping, and solar heating.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellfleet
Blue Water on the Ocean
Even’tide Resort Motel and Cottages
Blue Dolphin Inn
Blue Dolphin Inn
#5 of 9 in Eastham

Been to Wellfleet Motel? Share your experiences!