“Fantastic Trip”

Beauty Way Jeep Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Beauty Way Jeep Tours formally known as De Chelly Tours offers Half Day and All Day Vehicle tours into Canyon De Chelly National Monument. Ya'at'eeh (hello) to all our family and friends! We are all thrilled to announce that this summer marks our 25th Anniversary as an established tour company in Canyon de Chelly, Arizona!! As a young man, my great grandfather, Chauncey Neboyia, first led groups of archeologist and others into the canyon, and eventually helped it to become a National Monument in 1931. Over the next few decades he would teach his children and grandchildren about the history, stories, and traditions of the canyons, and it was here where my father, Daniel Staley (grandson of Chauncey) picked up his vast knowledge of the canyons and all its wonders. Chauncey first led groups by foot, horse and wagon, then over the years Daniel started adding 4x4 vehicles and established "De Chelly Tours" as the first Navajo-owned tour business in Canyon de Chelly in 1989. We are the longest running Navajo family-owned and operated tour company in Canyon de Chelly that offers 4x4 tours, hiking and camping. We are so very happy and proud of our family's legacy and I feel completely honored to be the one to continue the family business and take it to new levels and share our beautiful home with you all. I feel like I learn something new about the canyon all the time and I hope to someday have as much knowledge of the canyon as my father and great grandfather.
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We were lucky enough to get Daniel as our driver for a four hour private Jeep tour. Daniel has been doing this for 45 years and was born and raised in the Canyon. There is nothing that he doesn't know about the Canyon and its history. I am a photographer and Daniel was vey helpful in finding the best spots for a photo. He was only too glad to stop as I saw something that I wanted to photograph. Daniel is also the Senior Guide here and is the honorary chairman of this group of guides. The Jeep we had was comfortable for the two of us - but it would not hold more than three. We got all the way out to the Standing Cow in four hours. I would have liked to go further, but there was not enough time. There were rest rooms (primitive) and water and drinks for sale midway through the trip. This was a great trip. The trees were just starting to turn a golden glow.

There are newer reviews for Beauty Way Jeep Tours

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I visited Canyon De Chelly in mid-September and had scheduled a 5-hour tour with Leander Staley as our guide. The entire park had been closed the day before our arrival due to flash flooding, so there was a lot of water on our jeep tour which added to the excitement. Leander was a wonderful guide who really brought the history of the Canyon and the Navaho people alive for us. He was a wealth of information and shared legends, personal experiences, and answered all of our questions. Before reaching the White House Ruins, we had to cross a wash that, due to all the rain, had become impassable. Leander had explained to us at the start of our tour that the group would be sticking together to assist each other if needed. They all jumped into action at this wash, digging the banks lower so the jeeps could make it through. It was very obvious that this group of guides knew what they were doing and worked together so everyone made it through the wash and on to the White House Ruins (after some added excitement of our jeep getting stuck in the wash and needing to be towed out from behind)! This tour really exceeded our expectations, and we would highly recommend it to anyone. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Thirty years ago, my wife and I toured the canyon seated in a very large (it held 20-30 people) truck bed. The truck took us as far as Spider Rock and we were basically passengers. At the time, that is what was available. Several days ago, we toured the canyon in a Jeep - much much better! Our guide, Daniel, stopped many times so we could get out to see the petroglyphs and pictographs, pointing out special features that you really can't see if you are flying by on the top of a truck bed. We mentioned that we were disappointed with the Navajo fry bread we had eaten at the Junction restaurant - we have had it several times at other locations and liked it, but the Junction's version was greasy and not enjoyable. He took us to a cousin's summer residence (which was in del muerto canyon) and asked his cousin if she would make us some fry bread. After we finished touring, we came back to his cousin's house and watched her make fry bread over a wood fire in a cast iron skillet. It was not only terrific fry break; it allowed us to have a better appreciation of the Dineh's traditional way of life. This was up close and very personal touring...not flying by picture spots on the top of a truck bed. Really a worthwhile experience and humbling in many ways.

1  Thank smerdlapgraslbinder
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We took a 3 hour tour in the morning with Ben. He showed us everything of note and explained the history and current lifestyle in the canyon. At the end he took us to his Aunt's house in the canyon and she demonstrate rug weaving. After he showed us the cook house and Hogan they still use. Very, very informative.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Leander was our guide and he did a fabulous job. He was prompt and led us thru the canyon masterfully recreating the history of the canyon and its current uses as well. It was evident that he takes great pride in his heritage and we feel lucky to have spent the morning with him. We highly recommend this jeep tour to all visitors to Canyon de Chelly.

1  Thank Sue L