“Eat with the locals” 4 of 5 bubbles

Thunderbird Lodge Cafeteria
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Chinle
Cuisines: American, Native American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Richmond Hill, Georgia
“Eat with the locals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I spent one night of my visit at the Thunderbird Lodge, so the cafeteria was a natural choice since it was only steps away. I'm glad I went. I had several wonderful impromptu conversations with Native American families and learned a little about their life in the Canyon. The cafeteria was efficient. The staff was friendly. The prices were reasonable. And the food was good. What more could a wanderer ask for?

2 Thank MrsPincheon

Thomasville, Georgia
“Very average food and worse than average service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I cannot advise eating here unless you need a quick snack. The pumpkin pie was good but that's about it!

Visited November 2012
Bellevue
“Read all the signs!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

We had breakfasts here while staying a the Thunderbird Lodge, and the food was very good. I would suggest that you take your time to read all the signs at the beginning of the cafeteria line, as you'll find quite a bit on offer that you might miss if you only look at what's on display. Good spot!

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Good cafeteria food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

It's what you'd expect for a cafeteria. I liked the speedy service and the atmosphere. I was hoping for better quality salad and veggies...something we didn't find anywhere in Chinle.

Brenda, AZ
“Canyon DeChelly Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

When we arrived at the lodge we were quite hungry and we immediately went to the cafeteria after checking in. The food was delicious and plentyful. There was a good variety of main courses, salads and deserts. We were furnished roast beef sandwiches the next dfay for our tour which were also delicious. Thank you Thunderbird Lodge/